Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
working on my nc29 and trying to figure out why it isn't firing, the spark is actually really weak and after taking the coils off i realized that the secondary winding isnt giving me any reading at all, if they were truly done would i still be getting a weak spark, also these coils were supposedly brand new and all ive done on them so far is a bit of jump starting, how could they have been done in already? pulse generator resistance is pretty low, could that have ruined them? want to figure out why they broke before i replace them because theyre about $400 and i dont want to go through another set
cheers guys!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so i just rechecked the pulse generator, the coil on the left side beside the water pump, and its reading 418 which is within the range, but still not getting a secondary winding reading, is the best way to measure it just to measure resistance between the two leads on the same coil? i dont get how it could be giving me no reading. the coil is completly detached from the bike and i have multimeter between leads (which both read appropriatly on their own so its not them)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts