Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 900rr and i need to check the coils how do i do that and can i do it with just a regular ohm meter

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
i have a 94 900rr and i need to check the coils how do i do that and can i do it with just a regular ohm meter

The manual details the test procedure.
What exactly are you testing for?
Do you have spark?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
on cylinders 1 and 2 are sparking but not 3 and 4

Okay, that's unusual as one coil fires 1 and 4, and the other one fires 2 and 3.
The problem must be either the spark plugs, the caps or the leads as clearly the coils do work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i know that is why i need to check the coils. the spark plugs are new and the wires should be fine i have power going to the coils but i dont know if the coils are letting the power to the plugs that is why i need to check them

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
ya i know that is why i need to check the coils. the spark plugs are new and the wires should be fine i have power going to the coils but i dont know if the coils are letting the power to the plugs that is why i need to check them

The coil fires both leads at the same time so if one has spark then the coil is working. If one lead is not sparking then the problem is either in the lead or the cap.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts