Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this site. I have been reading on forums. My problem is that I have a 2000 cbr 600f4. It has been chained up near campus, and somebody decided to try and use a screw driver to (steal) start it. So I got a replacement ignition and new key. I cleaned carrbs and such since it sat a while. Tried to start it up, nothing. No sprark. Through my readings I've found several different things. What should I do?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi, I am new to this site. I have been reading on forums. My problem is that I have a 2000 cbr 600f4. It has been chained up near campus, and somebody decided to try and use a screw driver to (steal) start it. So I got a replacement ignition and new key. I cleaned carrbs and such since it sat a while. Tried to start it up, nothing. No sprark. Through my readings I've found several different things. What should I do?

Is it an original Honda ignition?
Possibly the diode, bank angle sensor or kill switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked kill switch for continuity. Not sure of the location of upright sensor. Ignition is from online. Key says Honda on it, can't recall if the ignition itself does. How does this diode work, and can I place a resistor to substitute?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I checked kill switch for continuity. Not sure of the location of upright sensor. Ignition is from online. Key says Honda on it, can't recall if the ignition itself does. How does this diode work, and can I place a resistor to substitute?

Then I would guess the ignition does not have the required diode in it.
I believe a zener diode is required but I've never had to do one so I can't advise you. I do know it's been addressed here before though so try searching for it.
I don't think the F4 has a bank angle sensor so you can ignore that (it's usually only on injected engines).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts