Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - have a problem with the ignition switch on my 900 RRP. There is clearly a loose connection in the switch, since I have to "jiggle" the key before I can get any power - dangerous since every time I go over a bump, and the key moves, the engine cuts out!!!

I have seen that on Wemoto and on the web I can buy aftermarket ignition switches relatively cheaply, which I am assuming I just need to fit and plug into the wiring, but this will mean that I will have two sets of keys, one for the ignition and one for the gas tank / seat lock. I would prefer to keep the original ignition barrel and key - are these units rebuildable / repairable? Is this a common fault?

Cheers!

Richard

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi there - have a problem with the ignition switch on my 900 RRP. There is clearly a loose connection in the switch, since I have to "jiggle" the key before I can get any power - dangerous since every time I go over a bump, and the key moves, the engine cuts out!!!

I have seen that on Wemoto and on the web I can buy aftermarket ignition switches relatively cheaply, which I am assuming I just need to fit and plug into the wiring, but this will mean that I will have two sets of keys, one for the ignition and one for the gas tank / seat lock. I would prefer to keep the original ignition barrel and key - are these units rebuildable / repairable? Is this a common fault?

Cheers!

Richard
You will probably need to transfer the ignition diode across from your original switch as well.
Have you tried opening your switch to see if the wires have come loose?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts