Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a theory about my higher temperature readings from my bike lately (2004 cbr1000rr). At first I thought it might be from a sticky thermostat (it still could be) but recently I noticed something that I hadn’t seen before. When you turn on your high beam how many degrees does your temp increase instantly? On my bike it goes up about 5(F) or so. It seems to me when you put a bigger current draw on the bike the signal from the temp sensor is affected. I have seen posts complaining about stators going bad and I think this might be what is causing my higher readings. The fact that the stator is putting out a lower voltage is making the reading of my temp higher. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Does this seem plausible?<o:p></o:p>
Does your temp go up when the high beam is turned on?<o:p></o:p>
How do I check the stator for proper operation?<o:p></o:p>
Any other suggestions?
Thank you for any response:) <o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone tell me where the cheapest place to buy a stator is? I see a lot of people have had to replace theirs on the cbr1000rr. Can anyone tell me how to check to make sure. I have experienced all of the symptoms that I have read from other 1000rr owners. I even bought a new battery. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ride with them on high especially at night...daytime not really... only when I feel the need too... if they get a little glare then they know im there :attn:! Hey that rhymed.

But I notice no change in temp...Then again I have a 954 not the 1k:idunno:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts