Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I can get by with new stickers for my ancra inflicted lower cowlings. I ordered the stickers from my local dealer the other day for a grand total of 30 bucks. The guy behind the parts counter said to use dish soap diluted in water to put the new stickers on.

Any advice on taking the old scratched stickers off and new stickers on?

TIA.

PS looks like my new plastics will go into the attic for safe keeping until I get some more rock chips, etc...

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Leave your plastics out in the sunlight for a couple of hours before peeling the stickers off. The heat will soften the adhesive a bit, making the job easier. A hair dryer will quicken the process, and your fingernail should suffice for tool needs. Honda Spray/Polish, and/or a little WD40 will get rid of any glue residue.

They make a specific product for applying decals, so you can 'float' them on like the do with window tinting. I know that a lot of people use dish soap/water, but I'd be leary of that method since it doesn't seem like you could ever get all of the soap out. That's just me though. I think you'd be able to find the specialty application stuff at your local auto-parts supply.

Make sure you wrap or box your plastics securely before putting them in the attic, to protect them from rodents that may be tempted to 'taste' them.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
A small flat-edged plastic scraper will work wonders on air bubbles when applying the new decals.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everbody!

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
WildBillF1 : Soap and water is the way to go.  As the water evaporates, the film left by the soap causes the adhesive to stick better.
Thanks for the clarity around that method, WB, much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did not go. I spent all weekend waiting for someone who never showed up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts