Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rant: I got the cold(soz,man flu),my fake leg hurts ! i know ! dont ask. iv got to give up the cancer sticks ! am not allowed to take any meds for my cold,on top of wot i take already :confused: and theres only enuff whisky left for 2 more shots, :thumbd: can it get any worse :idunno:

·
Premium Member
9,087 Posts
:rant: I got the cold(soz,man flu),my fake leg hurts ! i know ! dont ask. iv got to give up the cancer sticks ! am not allowed to take any meds for my cold,on top of wot i take already :confused: and theres only enuff whisky left for 2 more shots, :thumbd: can it get any worse :idunno:
:hmm:
dunno whats worse.... manflu* or having to give up the smokes:D
as for the prostetic....... woodworm?:rotfl:**

*note to Loopy: see!! it does exist and whatever you say it IS worse than childbirth:p
**sorry if thats in bad taste.... but couldn't help myself:O

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
:eek: Best you get some more tomorrow...

On a serious note, I really hope you feel better soon :kiss:

·
Premium Member
21,012 Posts
Not a lot worse, but if its any help I've not had a ciggie for 3/4 weeks, I miss them LOADS !!!! BUT..I'm feelin a lot better for it...and the fact that I can actually breathe quite well now :thumb: :rotfl::rotfl:

My girlfriend smokes, I didn't notice it before, but now my tatse buds are awake again....ewwww what a taste when we kiss..not nice. Which makes me realise what my breath must of been like, so its worth sticken it butty for your health and....ye old halitosis :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My girlfriend smokes, I didn't notice it before, but now my tatse buds are awake again....ewwww what a taste when we kiss..not nice. Which makes me realise what my breath must of been like, so its worth sticken it butty for your health and....ye old halitosis :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl:[/quote]

Yup, i know i gotta do it, understand wot ur sayin buddy

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
I gave up smoking about 8 years ago now, it's well worth fighting for. It takes a hell of a long time to get past wanting to smoke - I found after about 3 months I got a really strong craving for a cigarette, and again after about 6 months. Then every so often I would really want to smoke, up until quite recently actually. But stick with it, it has to be a good thing. Giving up is one of the best things I have ever done.

I basically got fed up being dependant on the things, and fed up with a large chunk of my income going on them. I got to the point where I resented every cigarette I lit up. How could these things be in charge of what I wanted to do? I got so sick of them that, halfway though what turned out to be my last pack, I lit a cigarette, looked at it, and threw it away along with the rest of them.

I can't stand smoking now, the ban is A GOOOD THING. Even when I'm out on my bike following a car with someone smoking I can smell it and I can't stand it. A good excuse to overtake though!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I gave up nearly 2 years ago and still fancy a *** when stressed !!! but would never do it.
Zyban did it for me, just a bit of a helping hand.
But now i can taste and enjoy food ! that bringing it own issues "put a stone or so on"
The wife still smokes and doesn't bother me at all, we have a 4yr old I WANT to see him grow up.
Go get some of the good stuff, stay warm there is a lot of bugs flying about at the mo..

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well folks,thanks for all the input,but am failing miserably,can get the roll ups put my mind,had a relaps!!giv it another go,btw am not allowed to do zyban or anything like nrt,just cold turkey !!

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
btw am not allowed to do zyban or anything like nrt,just cold turkey !!
I wasn't allowed it either when I tried giving up.. Apparently I have an 'addictive personality' whatever that means :idunno:

I did stop for a while but restarted :(

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
I tried giving up a few times before I managed it.

The difference for me was, for the previous attempts I thought I should stop. The last time, I really wanted to stop. If you can't get yourself in to that state, it's probably a waste of time trying.

I didn't find it that hard the last time. The toughest ones were the 'routine' smokes - I used to have 2 on the way to work, and 2 on the way home, at certain points in the trip. I used chewing gum to overcome these hurdles - just ordinary sugar free stuff. After a couple of weeks I had a jaw like David Coulthard!

You have to get to the point where you really, genuinely hate smoking. I thought about every cigarette towards the end. "How can I be reliant on these things?" "How can they be controlling me?" "Why am I burning so much of my money?" These were the drivers for me. Each of us will probably have different ones.

When I got myself to the point where I was sick of the sight of cigatettes, throwing them away was easy. It does get tough at times, and I felt lousy for ages while things cleared themselves. My nose/sinuses still are not right, probably permanently screwed through smoking. But I am glad I no longer smoke.

·
Registered
42 Posts
:hmm:
dunno whats worse.... manflu* or having to give up the smokes:D
as for the prostetic....... woodworm?:rotfl:**

*note to Loopy: see!! it does exist and whatever you say it IS worse than childbirth:p
**sorry if thats in bad taste.... but couldn't help myself:O
They refuse to believe that Manflu is so horrible just like They refuse to believe that, if we could, we'd go through the whole pregnancy and childbirth thing for them, as we love them soooo much we'd spare them the pain and discomfort of it.

(It's easy to offer to do something that'll never happen... :) )

·
Premium Member
9,087 Posts
They refuse to believe that Manflu is so horrible just like They refuse to believe that, if we could, we'd go through the whole pregnancy and childbirth thing for them, as we love them soooo much we'd spare them the pain and discomfort of it.

(It's easy to offer to do something that'll never happen... :) )
:eek: I wouldn't even offer to do it....

... just incase some helpfull scientist invents a way that you can share the experiance instead of doing the normal expectant father routine*

*going to the pub and moaning to mates about the dreaded sleepless nights this bundle of joy is about to inflict... can you tell......I'm a new man:D

·
Premium Member
21,012 Posts
Well folks,thanks for all the input,but am failing miserably,can get the roll ups put my mind,had a relaps!!giv it another go,btw am not allowed to do zyban or anything like nrt,just cold turkey !!
:crap: that not good.......

it takes Bl00dy ages to get that stuff alight:rotfl:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I've been about 3 weeks now without a ciggie, I had to stop due to breathing problems, but now I'm alright I still fancy a ciggie, but think...its just not worth it anymore. Plus the fact I feel better. I just hope I can hold out....this time I think I can. It's quite good really as there are always ciggies in ther house as the missus smokes....so It's just a case of thinking..Well hell no...what a stupid habbit..Works for me:thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.