Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I'm 6'3" tall, pretty long legged.

About 212 pounds right now.

Wear a 46 to 48 jacket.

Have a 34-35" waist depending on what's for lunch, lol.

Where the hell am I gonna get leathers w/o spending BIG bucks on custom Vanson or somesuch? I'm looking at the various manufacturers' sizing charts and many of the "tallest" suits show fit only through 6'1" ... and even then they're cut for guys with huge bellies.

Wtf? :confused:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Grow a big belly...problem solved.... :thumb:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Barnacle Bill's makes great leathers and are priced less than most of the other custom manufacturers.

Disclaimer...I own custom Vansons (worth every penny), but I've heard lots of good things about BB's.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Bill is repairing my track only leathers now. Gp armor in the shoulders and elbow and replacing the zipper between the jacket and pants for $140 not bad. His custom leathers aren't bad priced either.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Welcome to the world of "Pay to Play". At 6'5" and ~ 170 pounds there isn't a set of off the rack leathers that come close to fitting me unless I put in a crash test dummy alongside before zipping them up.

Now once you really decide to do this, I can recommend BB (as mentioned above), Kushitani, Z Custom (most excellent suits) or a few others. In regards to delivery time, you need to make a critical decision right now or you won't see them before September. Personally, I would avoid Syed, Fieldsheer and Joe Rocket, and remember that a set of leathers is not the place to save money. A poor fit (too big) can cause you grief in a getoff, while too small makes riding a chore.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Buy the ones with the big belly so you can take Bacchus along for the ride while on the track.

Like a mama kangaroo and her joey is the picture I was going for before you :gay: chime in.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Chain, you normally ignore my advice but if you listen to me once, do it now :D ...order custom leathers from one of the shops Abtech mentioned. I would add Helimot as a possibility but they may be priced higher than a couple of the others.

Poor fitting leathers can be torturous and ineffective. And you want to know you're wearing a quality suit should the need arise to test it. It's not that much more money for the good fit and peace of mind.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Bend over for the custom leathers ya cheap Bastid!
I'll second Helimot. Not just because I bought from them, but because of what they did for me after I trashed the first set.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
nedro said:
I'll second Helimot. Not just because I bought from them, but because of what they did for me after I trashed the first set.
:thumb: They went above and beyond for my wife and I on a few occasions.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Odd sizes - Barnacle Bill - for sure. Custom made, 900- $1000 with full armor and sliders, shipped. Great product, great people. Every bit as good as any leather suit I've seen at whatever cost.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Chain said:
OK, so I'm 6'3" tall, pretty long legged.

About 212 pounds right now.

Wear a 46 to 48 jacket.

Have a 34-35" waist depending on what's for lunch, lol.

Where the hell am I gonna get leathers w/o spending BIG bucks on custom Vanson or somesuch? I'm looking at the various manufacturers' sizing charts and many of the "tallest" suits show fit only through 6'1" ... and even then they're cut for guys with huge bellies.

Wtf? :confused:

Feel your pain, Chain, except I'm 6'3, 245lbs (48-50 jacket, 36" inseam, 34" waist). To top it off, my sleeve length is whacked because it's longer than my inseam (37") which screws up my jackets.

Had custom stuff made while I was stationed in Korea a couple years ago, but it's time for new stuff. Still hoping to be able to find something that fits that won't cost so much I'll have to sell the bike to get it.

Damn, Ab, eat a burger. :hmm:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts