Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fogging the cylinders,I know they recomend about a teaspoon of eng oil.What about fogging W/WD-40 as it'll spray better in the clinders?

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
KJ's RR said:
Fogging the cylinders,I know they recomend about a teaspoon of eng oil.What about fogging W/WD-40 as it'll spray better in the clinders?
I am sure other will provide more knowledgeable answers. WD40 is a penetrating lube, flashes off fairly soon so I would think other oils would be better.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Pretty sure your cylinder liners are electroplated. Unless you're planning on storing your bike at the bottom of, say, a swamp this winter, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It'll be in the garage that's attached to the house not heated though. I never did it to any of my many other bikes.Just figure maybe it might be good thing to do,unless I decide to start it every so often.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
I understand what you're saying. Makes sense.

Well, I'll put it another way: you certainly won't hurt anything in fogging the cylinders, I just believe it's an unnecesary step unless your bike is outside under a tarp or something.

If you are going to to it, I agree with Sheep in that a heavier oil would be preferred. Heck, I believe they even make fogging oil in spray cans for this very purpose.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Chain said:
I understand what you're saying. Makes sense.

Well, I'll put it another way: you certainly won't hurt anything in fogging the cylinders, I just believe it's an unnecesary step unless your bike is outside under a tarp or something.

If you are going to to it, I agree with Sheep in that a heavier oil would be preferred. Heck, I believe they even make fogging oil in spray cans for this very purpose.
Agreed.....

I havent done the whole oil thing and its been 3 seasons of winters in the garage and it really doesnt do any harm at least none that I cn tell :idunno:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
KJ's RR said:
It'll be in the garage that's attached to the house not heated though. I never did it to any of my many other bikes.Just figure maybe it might be good thing to do,unless I decide to start it every so often.
Whether you fog the cylinders or not, you're bike is better off if you don't start it every so often. Just leave it until you're ready to start riding again next spring.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just ride my bike every so often when it's sunny outside. I won't ride if it's snowed within the past week or so cause of sand or at night when it's too cold, but even a 10 minute ride sometimes is nice just to keep the feel for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts