Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the continued member shift to the RCFudgy-One....I am left wondering when they will all converge on Conq's place and demand that he relinquish the server to their evil purposes.....

Question is...what will the new site be named?

PudgyBlades.org?

RainbowBlades.org?

LobbinBlades.org?

FruityBlades.org?

MauveBlades.org?

NotThatThere'sAnythingWrongWithThatBlades.org?

C'mon guys....let us in on the secret...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
There already is one, www.rc51.org, I just come here to point and laugh at all the losers who haven't seen the light yet

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
They'll be baakk...  When the new Blade/non-Blade... RCB/CBR 1000 comes out next/this year. (maybe)

Gotta love those Honda rumors  

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cbr99xx : They'll be baakk...  When the new Blade/non-Blade... RCB/CBR 1000 comes out next/this year. (maybe)

Gotta love those Honda rumors  
Doubt it....the next gen will likely have an even more manic power to weight ratio than the 9XX bikes....and considerably more so than the 51.....

You can talk 'character' and 'flat curve' all you want...but its really the milder power to weight ratio that makes the RC so much fun on the street.....its just a better match for a road going machine.....

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
this is the last year for the blade. it is going away just like the trans am and camaros. you all will be left to bask in your minds greatness. isn't the big green machine coming out with an all new zx10 next year? where is honda? in the dust as usual

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Baketech : its really the milder power to weight ratio that makes the RC so much fun on the street.....its just a better match for a road going machine.....
I would agree with all you've said 'tech, and add that a twin's easier to ride briskly as well. Gear selection isn't so critical. Also, I have to argue that there's simply no matching a sport-twin's charisma, particularly when they've got a 'properly fruity' exhaust!

When that naked SP2 comes out (just let me hope, will ya Booth?), I can see a trade away from my I4. A set of loud carbon cans on that sucker and I'm a happy boy...

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
booth23 : Baketech you are definitely the president of the Rc haters.
Not at all....I think its a great machine...read my post again...

If I had room for a 3rd bike, I would have one of my own....for now, I will just sponge rides from others....

My only beef with the RC51 is the gimmicky marketing....ie, the fact that its not an 'RC'.
Other than that, I think its a great Honda-esque piece of engineering....a bit anachronistic now, but fun to ride nonetheless....

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Not a RC, c'mon man.

Gimmicky marketing? I can't recall seeing a RC51 commercial in quite some time. And whatever it is, can't be more gimmicky than those Joe Rocketman commercials with Nicky in them

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
nedro : What racers are saying about the Pig, err, I mean RC-51.
Da fat pig
And the king hater steps forward...

The last king hater got punk'd by a fellow rogue member at the track... Nedro takes over the crown...

And I guess all you guys (read fireblade peeps) think the 954 they run in FX is close to what rolls off the showroom floor?? Zemke's bike shares nothing with your bike, its not even a 954cc engine.

Its not even close, but for some reason, the fact that the RC51 is so different in factory sponsored trim leads everyone to jump up in arms and claim that the RC51 you buy is a fake...

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
booth23 : Not a RC, c'mon man.

Gimmicky marketing?  I can't recall seeing a RC51 commercial in quite some time.
As you are well aware....I am talking about the 'Name' of the bike as marketed here in the U.S. Also, since you are well versed in Honda nomenclature, you know its not an RC bike....its an SC.....

Honda cashed in on the cachet of the 'RC' moniker by putting it in the model 'name' here in the States.....thats a pure gimmick, and a crappy one at that....

In the rest of the world, the bike has a proper name, not stolen from Honda heritage.....

Again, read my post carefully, I am not bashing the bike, on the contrary I think its awesome....but I do have a problem the gimmicky marketing...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Well all of our bikes get names here. The Fireblade being the example. I have always used the European names for bikes. For mine have always used Sp2, as it defines the 2nd gen VTR1000 but I got tired of explaining. So now I just use RC51.

·
Registered
690 Posts
All of you need to understand...

You need to be comfortable with the bike you ride. The 954 takes a while to figure out throttle control... you need to be very precise with that and also gear selection. Some people do not want to focus a lot of time on those two components and the RC-51 lessens those two factors. It is an ease of use bike. 954 when used correctly is a performer. But needs to be controlled. I prefer the 954 because it is a more challenging bike to ride.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Here we go

Well between the 929 and the RC, oh sorry Baketech VTR1000SP2, I'd say that the FI isn't really better on one than the other. For me it came down to the chassis and the stability in the corners, more confidence inspiring the SP2 is <----In Yoda voice. It's just more stabile, as for the rest of the that is your opinion I guess.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Booth, I agree with you on the whole idea of chassis and suspension. I will tell you right now that your bike is only as good as your adjustments. So many people complain about a a hyper-active 954. I had a friend of mine who does his own suspension set ups for racing and he did mine. He had a challenge too. 5'10' 290 lbs. and a love for the rear brake in a corner to get that rear end around. We must have spent 4 hours at putnam park and about 300 dollars ( a heavier rear spring for a heavier guy) The bike is smooth as silk and gets almost every hp to the road (spins up a little, if in to two low of a gear). So yes booth I agree with the suspension differences.... but all can be adjusted.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I don't think you understand what we mean by 'stability'... Not having it move around under you is one thing, putting it into a corner and having it stay there while you eat a sandwich, drink a pepsi or anything is quite another...

Having had both bikes, as others have and do, I can tell you a 929/954 will NEVER be as stable as a RC51 is out of the box... Its all chasis geometry and no amount of damping tweaking or spring rates will get it there. Yes, a 'blade can get 'sorted' and do what you want it to do when you want it to do it, but it will never behave like the RC51 does.

Having said that, out of the box, the RC51 doesn't turn in ANYTHING like the 929/954 does... The 'blade is telelpathic, almost too quick, whereas the RC51 is stable to the point that you have to initiate it to turn in...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts