Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to do more k's without getting so sore and feeling like a cripple once off the bike.

after about 200k's i'm too sore to enjoy the ride so much and a rough surface makes it worse.

i love the fireblade but welcome suggestions on other styles of bikes and any adjustments i can make to the blade such as clip ons etc

i'm just over 6 foot about 90 kg's on a light day

·
Registered
121 Posts
You can look into gel grips, adjustable rear sets, aftermarket seat. Maybe adjust your suspension for a more smooth ride. I find that when I take my bike out of storage in the spring I can't ride for as long and still be comfortable. If I don't push myself too hard and gradually increase the distance I ride pretty soon I can ride all day and not have any issues. If I start out and try to do a lot of long rides early in the year it takes longer to recover and longer to build my riding stamina. One other option to covering more distance before getting tired is to ride faster. You will cover more ground in less time. j/k lol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You can look into gel grips, adjustable rear sets, aftermarket seat. Maybe adjust your suspension for a more smooth ride. I find that when I take my bike out of storage in the spring I can't ride for as long and still be comfortable. If I don't push myself too hard and gradually increase the distance I ride pretty soon I can ride all day and not have any issues. If I start out and try to do a lot of long rides early in the year it takes longer to recover and longer to build my riding stamina. One other option to covering more distance before getting tired is to ride faster. You will cover more ground in less time. j/k lol.
Very good :rotfl::thumb:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
i want to do more k's without getting so sore and feeling like a cripple once off the bike.

after about 200k's i'm too sore to enjoy the ride so much and a rough surface makes it worse.

i love the fireblade but welcome suggestions on other styles of bikes and any adjustments i can make to the blade such as clip ons etc

i'm just over 6 foot about 90 kg's on a light day
Number one for comfort for me is a throttle lock. Worth its weight in gold easily.
Number two is a pair of army blankets laid on the seat. I fold them into a big pillow and adjust them at every fuel stop. Two blankets adjusts your height by anything from stock to +4" higher than stock depending on how many folds you have.
I rode the 929 for 30 hours straight back in '06 just making fuel stops.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Number one for comfort for me is a throttle lock. Worth its weight in gold easily.
Number two is a pair of army blankets laid on the seat. I fold them into a big pillow and adjust them at every fuel stop. Two blankets adjusts your height by anything from stock to +4" higher than stock depending on how many folds you have.
I rode the 929 for 30 hours straight back in '06 just making fuel stops.
Sorry if this is a stupid question bladeracer, I was just wondering: would lifting your rear not put more weight/stress on your wrists?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Sorry if this is a stupid question bladeracer, I was just wondering: would lifting your rear not put more weight/stress on your wrists?
Not that I've ever noticed.
Just go and try it youself with a couple of towels.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Ah, the quest for Sportsbike comfort....

While there are many who consider their Blades to be comfortable, I am not one of them either. That said, my biggest mile day so far was 573 miles, and I was OK up until about 500ish miles - many of them slow miles at that.

In order to improve comfort, I got a pair of Lucas footpeg adjuster plates - basically the same as adjustable rearsets but use the standard footpegs. By mounting the plated upside down I have managed to lower my pegs enough to make a big difference to leg room.

My next change will be to put on some Convertibars - I have bought them, but not got around to fitting them yet. They will (hopefully) allow a couple of inches adjustment on the bars (the fairing being the limiting factor on the RRW).

My seat is actually pretty comfy (better than the one on my VFR) but I am still looking at getting a gel pad. The other option is an Airhawk seat pad, they get really good reviews but are really expensive for an inflatable cushion!

Other than that, I like to stretch my legs out regularly (on the straights) to prevent knee pain (prevention rather than cure) and also sit up and stretch out my arms when stopped. I found this helps a lot.

The reality is, I would be better off with a bike that suits my needs better - I'd love a KTM Adventure, amongst other options. But I do enjoy riding my Blade, and the expense of the changes I have / will make do no come close to the cost of changing the bike so for the forseeable future I'll stick with it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Sometimes ya just gotta grin and bear it, easier said than done i know but vary your styles somewhat and it may help. Boring long distances can make it harder so try changing your route for variety.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts