Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Is there an adjustment to control the swing arc of the lever to shift? Don't have manual on me at the moment. Trying to download an online version :-/
If you mean the position of the lever, yes. Adjustment is by loosening the locknuts and rotating the shaft.
If you mean the length of the throw, no there isn't.
I shortened the throw by drilling out the swivel joint on the lever and lengthened it by bolting a plate to it and re-attaching the swivel to that.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My Sato rearsets have two options for where to mount the rod on each end, giving you 3 basic options for leverage/throw (short throw/high effort, medium/medium, long throw/low effort). They also have a different front shift knuckle so that you can flip it upside down and reverse the shift pattern.

·
Registered
88 Posts
try 1 or 2 fingers on clutch for faster shifts, shorter clutch travel = less time. no need to pull the lever all they way to handle bar

with the lack of flywheel, and close ratio box, i notice it's easy to let rpm drop too much before engaging the next higher gear.

sportbikes are the complete opposite of my F250. it's flywheel has the angular moment of inertia of a man hole cover. i count to 3 before grabing the next gear at a 5k rpm shift. ridiculous. ...alex

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
try 1 or 2 fingers on clutch for faster shifts, shorter clutch travel = less time. no need to pull the lever all they way to handle bar
No need to use the clutch lever at all...

·
Registered
554 Posts
But are very likely to bend the shift forks eventually.
There's no need to load it.
:plus1: Preloading isn't good idea IMO. It'll start wearing forks and drum because you're making contact while load is still on them. Stick an airshifter with autoshift on there. I have mine set on 65ms right now but it's still stock Blackbird tranny. When I go in to do piston kit, I'm sending it to R&D tranny's and letting them do nitrous/turbo cut on it. Then kill time is dropping into the 50s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.