Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Hi , don't want to presume, but have you tried this ECU on another mate's 929, only reason I ask is its only once in a blue moon that they fail;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not, unfortunately i dont know anyone with one locally. I got this 01 on trade and fuel pump wont prrime and no spark. Checked the pink wire thing and put 9v to the ecu and nothing. No prime, no spark. Ecu was sugfested by my mentor in the fireblade world so i wanted to start the search just in case. Hoing to try testing/jumping bank angle sensor after work because ive been able to find that if the bas is tripped it would prevent both fp from priming/working and kill spark. Kill switch works, fuses are all good, side stand swich is good( dont know if it would even cause this but im learning the bike and checking everything.... its a little more complicated than my 95 blade was for sure . Any recommendations woyld be greatly appreciated... my first efi bike

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much. Anti theft code was thrown ive been told. I was actually just about to look and see how to pull codes. I can say i bridged bank sensor and when i turn the key i can hear a relay click, with bank angle plugged in, no relay click. Engine does turn over with out issue but does not appear to have spark or fuel pump

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have not, unfortunately i dont know anyone with one locally. I got this 01 on trade and fuel pump wont prrime and no spark. Checked the pink wire thing and put 9v to the ecu and nothing. No prime, no spark. Ecu was sugfested by my mentor in the fireblade world so i wanted to start the search just in case. Hoing to try testing/jumping bank angle sensor after work because ive been able to find that if the bas is tripped it would prevent both fp from priming/working and kill spark. Kill switch works, fuses are all good, side stand swich is good( dont know if it would even cause this but im learning the bike and checking everything.... its a little more complicated than my 95 blade was for sure . Any recommendations woyld be greatly appreciated... my first efi bike
Had the same problem with my 2001 929. My band angle sensor was broken and someone had replaced the ignition to a knock off that didn't have a zenner diode to switch the 12v to 9v. I know you checked both, just wanting to throw in how I got mine to run. When bypassing the bank angle sensor, you have to tie the two outside wires from the connector together (if my memory serves me). You can just throw a jumper wire in the back of the connector to the pins. As far as getting 9 volts to the ECU, I would first read the voltage from the pink wire to a good ground. If it reads 9V then thats obviously not the problem. If it doesnt, pull the pin from the ignition side connector and replace it with a wire that you can throw an alligator clip onto (make sure its the positive side of the 9V battery). Then run another clip from the negative side of the battery to a good ground ot the negative terminal of your battery.

My apologies if thats just restating everything youve done, but simple mistakes can make a problem endless. The anti-theft warning would make me think the 9V signal isnt correct. Keep us up to date man, best of luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Herea a question though. What if there is no power at pink wire at all ?
Are you saying there isn’t one? From my understanding the US 929s all had this wire. If you can take a picture of the harness side connector from your ECU. I can’t remember if the ignition side is pink or not, but it is one the harness side. I can post a picture after work today showing where it is if you can’t find it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very helpful. My ignition is oem. The FCC iode is cooked no power coming th r.c ough to pink at all. Just orderd some. Also determined the tilt sensor is bad . Fuel relay and engine stop relay are all good. When i send 9v to the ecu at pink wire. With bas bridged i am still not getting signal to pump so believing the ecu may be bad at this point

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very helpful. My ignition is oem. The FCC iode is cooked no power coming th r.c ough to pink at all. Just orderd some. Also determined the tilt sensor is bad . Fuel relay and engine stop relay are all good. When i send 9v to the ecu at pink wire. With bas bridged i am still not getting signal to pump so believing the ecu may be bad at this point
Just out of curiosity, I would check two more things.

1) trace the pink wire back to the ecu. While you have a 9v battery hooked up see if its reading at the ECU. Theres a chance the wire could be damaged somewhere in the harness. Not a big chance, but its there. Might save some headache down the line and its an easy check.

2) You may have tested it, and if you have just ignore this lol. I would make sure that the fuel pump is actually working. its pretty easy to get to. With the tank lifted up, just disconnect the connector to the fuel pump and throw on some gator clips or jumper wires and touch it off on the battery. You just have to do it quickly and see if you can hear it cut on.

Besides those two quick checks, Im not sure what to tell you. Keep us up to date! Im sure you wont be the last person with this problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have done those checks and fuel pump does work and power does get to the ecu. All relays check out as good. Bank angle bad. Really leaning towards bad ignition. Bad tilt and bad ecu. The zener is completely cooked. So ive orderd. Relays click on when bas is isolated but not when it isnt... bad bas. Everything else between front of bike and ecu seems good. Fuses all brand new ground blocks all good. Grounds all good

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,086 Posts
I have done those checks and fuel pump does work and power does get to the ecu. All relays check out as good. Bank angle bad. Really leaning towards bad ignition. Bad tilt and bad ecu. The zener is completely cooked. So ive orderd. Relays click on when bas is isolated but not when it isnt... bad bas. Everything else between front of bike and ecu seems good. Fuses all brand new ground blocks all good. Grounds all good
Good job here bro, keep on keeping on (y)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update! Replacement ecu has arrived. I plugged it in, isolated the bad bas, and applied 9v to pink wire and was pleased to hear the fuel pump prime correctly for the first time. Now off to the welder for a cracked case at the stator. Install diode monday and bas when it arrives and see if the 929 is a better faster machine than the old 900.... it better be🤣🏍

·
Registered
20 Posts
Update! Replacement ecu has arrived. I plugged it in, isolated the bad bas, and applied 9v to pink wire and was pleased to hear the fuel pump prime correctly for the first time. Now off to the welder for a cracked case at the stator. Install diode monday and bas when it arrives and see if the 929 is a better faster machine than the old 900.... it better be🤣🏍
Glad you got it priming dude!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts