Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a wonderful start I have gone and confused myself!

I've dramatically chopped and changed the whole loom and have introduced a fault somewhere it seems after looming stuff up. When I indicate left everything works as expected. If I indicate right I get the tell tale light but no flashing on the actual lights. Now, I thought these went to the same point as the indicators?

If I disconnect the blue wire from the gauges to the loom I made for the lights and put 12V in then the indicators light up so bulbs and wiring to them is fine.

My confusion is that I have a tell tale and no indicator, any thoughts??

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,572 Posts
Sounds like the the wires from the flasher and the clock lamp indicator are not proper. I had that type of situation when I put CBR600 clocks on my 900. I had the wires crossed and the dash flashed but the signal didn't. I messed up the running light and the wire from the flasher. I think I had them swapped. It took me a bit to figure it out just by swapping those wires around until it worked. My signals just had generic wires, not color coded to what Honda had.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found it! Should have waited 2 more minutes before posting up - they do indeed go to the same place, found a break in a connector. Thanks for the help though anyway Ian (again!!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts