Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy and I are considering visiting Infineon for the AMA Superbike round in May and, having never been there, I was wondering if anyone in the know had a recommendation on the best viewing spot (other than on the telly :D )?

Also, potential spots in the area to enjoy the racing scene after hours and partake of a few adult beverages. Thanks in advance for any info. :thumb:

Tom

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ND4SPD said:
Pit pass is probably your best bet :idunno:
The pit pass is a given for entertainment value, but it pretty much sucks as a viewing spot, no matter what track you're at. Any Infineon regulars with some info?

Tom

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
They've made a lot of changes to the track in the last few years that make spectating there a lot more enjoyable. You almost can't go wrong these days, but my first choice would be in the turn 2 area. It's always a nail-biter there at the start of the race, and you can see most of the track from there including the s/f line.

edit: Turn 9 is a good spot, too.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
dB said:
They've made a lot of changes to the track in the last few years that make spectating there a lot more enjoyable. You almost can't go wrong these days, but my first choice would be in the turn 2 area. It's always a nail-biter there at the start of the race, and you can see most of the track from there including the s/f line.

edit: Turn 9 is a good spot, too.

I agree...turn 2 is probably best. You are on top of the hill and get to see most of the track. I don't think you can see the Start/finish from there though. I believe the grand stands obstruct the view. Still it's a good place to watch from.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Oops...you're right, Wetshrub. Can't see s/f from turn 2 anymore. It's still my favorite spot.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
dB said:
Oops...you're right, Wetshrub. Can't see s/f from turn 2 anymore. It's still my favorite spot.
Mine too. Every once in a while some one lowsides right in front of you too on that off camber blind hilltop turn.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the words of the beloved Cartman, kick-ass! :thumb: Thanks for the input, I knew the track had some elevation changes that might make some limited viewing in some spots. We'll shoot for turn 2 area.

Any after-hours input? :eyebrows: :cheers2:

Tom

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
tbeemer said:
In the words of the beloved Cartman, kick-ass! :thumb: Thanks for the input, I knew the track had some elevation changes that might make some limited viewing in some spots. We'll shoot for turn 2 area.

Any after-hours input? :eyebrows: :cheers2:

Tom
Depends on where you are staying and how far you want to drive. I grew up in Napa and then moved to Sacramento so those are the areas I know best but San Francisco has some great places to go clubbing and just breweries and stuff. I'm sure some one here could recommend something from there if you wanted to mosey on across the golden gate bridge. Right around the track there isn't much. The closest town is Vallejo but that's pretty ghetto. Napa is right there too but aside from the winery's that close in the evening the bars there aren't real happening.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts