- small
- light
- nimble
- looks good

Cons:
- no backrest
- less than 300 mile range
- looks goofy with a cupholder
- the haunting knowledge that the bike will always have more ability than I will

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
winning red is not the fastest though...

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's smaller and more nimbler than a GSXR1000 but it doesn't have quite as much power, but it's still got loads.

It turns quicker and more naturally than a GSXR1000.

It's less of a reach to the bars than on a GSXR1000, which means that you don't get wrist-ache after an hour.

I've toured in comfort on my 954. But the seat is slightly hard, the 929 seat is nicer.

A great bike. Easy to ride fast. Easy to get your knee down on too. Should be some good deals on new ones as the CBR1000RR is coming!

·
Registered
548 Posts
The 954 is a fantastic bike for an all a rounder it does everything good. But there are downsides to it. You could get a speeding ticket or maybe even get hurt if you're not careful. You won't be able to keep your repair skills in practice. And it will probably rack up miles faster than another bike.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I love my blade, but here is my take:
The seat is rock hard, so buy a Seargeant seat.
The windscreen is not good for tall people, so buy a Zerogravity SP windscreen.
The engine surges at low rpms, and bogs off the line, so buy a PCIII and remap.
The suspension is fine up to about 90%, which I don't exceed, but does buck on freeway rain grooves. The solution to this is too expensive for me (Ohlins shock and redone front end).
That's it, everything else is great. I still would not trade it in on a rolling couch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts