Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
:( I am one of the best friends of the man who tragically lost his life at Willow Springs, Sunday, March 15, 2009. Unfortunately I was not there to see what occured. Also unfortunately I along with some of his friends had to unload and lock away what this good man affectionately called his "Quiver" of two and four wheeled rides. I can offer only that he was doing what he loved and was truly good at it. He was also 54 years old! A premier rider, a good friend, generous, compassionate...a sad loss for the world. I don't mean to offend anyone but I would like any information on the circumstances of that day to try and better understand what happened. Any comments will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Also unfortunately I along with some of his friends had to unload and lock away what this good man affectionately called his "Quiver" of two and four wheeled rides.
I have had this job as well and I was the first to reach him on the track to discover he was dead. I couldn't call him a friend, just another of those wonderful characters that always make race days something special. I was the last person he spoke to as he had given me his phone number (I followed him with the video camera in the previous session) just minutes before he died - I still keep that scrap of paper in my race toolbox. His family later gave me his tyre warmers which was incredibly touching. The entire club carried his number on our bikes for the rest of the season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts