Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my grandfather passed away in October, he left behind some very cool tools including a Lathe and a heavy duty drill press. You would think that I could find all sorts of stuff to make with these, but the only thing I can think of are frame sliders, which I already have 2 pair. Any suggestions from you guys?
Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it a full size machine lathe or smaller shop size. Did you get a mill too?
As it was grandads I'd bet it's solid as a brick shit house and gear driven.

I'd love to have that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
NinerPilot said:
When my grandfather passed away in October, he left behind some very cool tools including a Lathe and a heavy duty drill press. You would think that I could find all sorts of stuff to make with these, but the only thing I can think of are frame sliders, which I already have 2 pair. Any suggestions from you guys?
Chris
Metalworking or woodworking lathe....how about some pics?

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
NinerPilot said:
Metalworking Lather.... He used it to make gun Parts... Ill get pics when I go visit my grandmother this week.
Chris
Doh!....I missed that in the original post... :crap:

Very cool...don't let anyone talk you out of it... :thumb:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Glad to hear that....in fact the title of this post brought a grin to my face.....

"Inherited some tools, what should I make?"

That's awesome!
Most times, you would read "Inherited some tools, how much are they worth?".... :crap:

I have some of my grandfather's hand tools in my box, and I use them even though I have nicer stuff that does the same thing. They are worn slick from years of hard use, and it's a bit humbling to turn them sometimes....always gives me good memories....

Have fun and wear your safety glasses.....just like riding, gear is king in the shop!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts