Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering the differeance between the two.. Like the aprilla 1000 v- twin vs. a cbr1000 inline 4. Does the v twins have less power then the inline fours or they about the same...what are the preformance differeance between the motors?? just wondering

·
Registered
5 Posts
In my experience the twins are more like a big block withpower across the board. they pull hard out of corners even at low rpm and just have a strong pull across the board.
The inlines are more like smallblocks if you keep the rpms singing they run hard in their power band. For instance my 1KRR is a rocket above 8k rpm where my RC is deceptively fast theoughout the powerband.
The name of the game in tourqe. The twins make nearly as much as the 1Ks but they don't make the HP that the inlines do nor do they turn as many RPM.
On a tight twisty track with short straights I like my RC better. Where there are long straights where I can use the rpms more I like the 1KRR better.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Most cases the inline 4 is gonna be just plain faster. Most people will say that the V twin has more torque. But that is far from the truth when ur talking about bikes such as say TL1000 S and R versions, The RC51, the SV Duc 916, 996, 998, 999 yadda yadda yadda. Ive had the RCs, TLs and one Duke so i know this for a fact. Now the newer twins such as the 1098, 1198 and KTMs (run off of the Duc power), have significantly more torque that the above mentioned twins. Twins power is coming in lower in the revs, the 4s are kinda up there. But my 954 pulls really well from about 3800 i think.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Last time I went to the races the twins raced with the 600s and the in-line 4 literbikes raced each other. Spoke volumes to me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was wondering the differeance between the two.. Like the aprilla 1000 v- twin vs. a cbr1000 inline 4. Does the v twins have less power then the inline fours or they about the same...what are the preformance differeance between the motors?? just wondering

guess they don't have motorcycle magazines where you live....:huh:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Omg dude if you are going to be a ass stay off the post..just keep it to yourself you are not putting your 2 cents in the matter..so stop causing drama

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oookay. Negative comments aside....

I own an SV650 and a CBR 1K and in my opinion, they're like night and day. An I-4 600 is a different beast from a twin as well. I have raced my twin on the track against 600s and I have been able to keep up and many times pass the I-4s in the corners. However, it's the straights were it was a losing battle for me almost every time. I find twins (at least mine) to be very torquey in the bottom end and tend to level out the higher the RPMs where the I-4 rev higher and have more overall peak hp. The bottom line is I like my SV on shorter tracks with lots of curves or in the canyons. My big liter bike I like for long straight runs (and yes the canyons too, but it's a different experience) or big tracks where can let it stretch it's legs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts