Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my quest to try every sporting tire available, I just mounted a set of 207RR's. I was really suprised at how much more round the profile is compared to the M1 Sportec. Plus the Dunlop looks to be 1/4'-3/8' taller than the Metzeler...

Has anyone ridden this tire on the track yet?
Any info would be appreciated....

Taking them to Mid-Ohio next week....will post the results...

·
Registered
397 Posts
I personally dont like Dunlops (street tires). Though I run the now because i got a great deal on them. I think they get really slick with no warning. one minute they are sticking like glue, then outta nowhere the back end is moving around more than a Chocolate Lab's at treat time.

May be my riding style though.

Keep us posted im interested in how the RR's work out.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Their slicks are the snitz! My new bike came with Michelin slicks and they are pretty nice. I ran Michelins my first season on the 929 and couldn't keep the throttle open in sixth gear due to severe headshake (even after mondo suspnsion work). The profile has changed (at least on the slicks) and they look quite similar to the Dunlops now.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I run them on the street and track. I have had no problems with them whatsoever. They give you a fair bit of warning and I find them very predictable when pushed hard. I run the 180 on the back and find the handling is improved that way as well. I had Michelins and hated them and I saw too many people come off on 'slipstones'. Pirelli and Metzelers are meant to be a good tyres but a bit rich for my blood.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yea i run the 180 as well and i have to say I do get a better lean but I think the temp. cycles seem to run short for me or something.

I actually had the rear end slip out on me while trying to pass a minivan once. Very scary moment there.

I ran Pirelli's ONCE and I have to say they were well worth the money. But same here they were way too rich for me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts