Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I changed the rear shock on the blade.

Wasn't too bad! I used the axel stands under the standard footpegs and took off the rear wheel and hugger. Undone the nuts and bolts and it came out no problems.

Check the difference between my old one and the new one off eBay for £30

Shock out

New one in

Bike all back together

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,154 Posts
Well done Ace:thumb:

Wow, night and day difference in looks. I hope it performs as good or better than the old one.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well when I sat on it definitely felt smoother.
I also over Christmas changed the oil in the front forks which was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good work
I have just done revorked mine forks and rear suspension and must say enormus improvment mine has ran about 52000 km so it was needed,

You must be sigle as you have the bike inside livingroom with oil and **** :rotfl:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Jesus, that old shock! Do you live near the coast? And where's the step by step to do the forks? :D I'm toying with doing mine.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Great job, it's good to see someone focusing on the important things.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bike I think was down in Manchester then up in Maybole in Scotland so could of been an outdoor storage issue.

That's my garage. It was converted by the previous owner with laminate and insulated. It even has a toilet :)

For the forks all you need to do is unscrew the top (check the manual). Empty the fluid and refill in a round about way. Just make sure you let the old stuff get out first.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i have the 954,you have to remove the wheel for remove the rear shock or i can change it also with the wheel on the bike?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts