Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What could be causing this pop? Is this what detonation/knocking sounds like? Perhaps it is running a little lean? I tried test riding for a little bit, could barely hear any pop on decel.

Any idea what it could be?

EDIT: the pop can be heard clearly at around :58 and on

·
Registered
25 Posts
Questions.
The carby that you installed where did you get it from?
Has it the same jets as your other 3?
Did you have your carbies balanced after you installed it?
Did you replace the ring between each carb?
Are they all the same serial numbers?

Also what type to of anti theft system installed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Questions.
The carby that you installed where did you get it from?
Has it the same jets as your other 3?
Did you have your carbies balanced after you installed it?
Did you replace the ring between each carb?
Are they all the same serial numbers?

Also what type to of anti theft system installed.

1 - I bought a set of 4 used carbs on ebay, used only the one I needed because mine looked to be in better condition
2 - Yes, I changed all the jets from my old carb as they were all usable and recently bought
3 - No, this is what I am planning on doing this week once my sync tool gets here
4 - I didn't replace any rings, just reused the ones that seemed to be in better condition
5 - I didn't check but they seemed to be exact fit. Only thing that was different was the way that the fuel line wrapped around the carb

I don't know what type of anti-theft system is on it off-hand, I'll have a look and come back to you on that one.

As for the OP, I resolved the issue by properly adjusting the air-fuel mixture screws to a smidge over 2 turns on all carbs. At the time of video it was not an accurate adjustment so I guess that is what it was.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Carbies have identification serial number stamped on them. But if you have swapped over bits I can't see why you can not use the bodies. Give them a balance and see what happens then. Glad you got it sorted.

·
Registered
119 Posts
As far as i'm aware the bodies aren't too dissimilar. i've successfully bolted a 97 carb on my 98, only difference is it has a slightly smaller slider so had to drill it a little more to get the rising rate the same as the rest.

The one you replaced will most definitely be out of balance with the rest of them unless you're a pro at bench synching. Can't really say much else until that's been done. You may get some odd pops or surges or your revs hanging at 3k revs when closing the throttle every now and again, but as said, until they're fully balanced we can't really give any further advice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts