Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I took out the battery on my rc51 to keep it on the tender over winter. I went to install it the other day and was not paying attention and was kinda in a hurry and install the batter wrong so negative and positve sides were switched. Well stupid me didnt look at the battery and just started hooking up cables and the cable sparked and so then I noticed I had the battery in wrong. The battery is not the stock battery and the fit is not real great so I just set it down and figured I would mess with it sometime later. Well today I was going to install it and hook the cables up right but when I turn the key, it acts like it has no battery in it. I checked and replaced the 30amp fuse on the positive battery cable and still nothing. I also checked and inspected all the fuses in the fuse box under the left fairing. What do you think it could be? I figured I shorted out something. Im just hoping its a fuse.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here is what I would do

1. Check and see if your battery is still good. (take it to an auto zone or some place like that and have them test it)

2. Try a different battery in your bike to see if that works.

3. change every fuse on your bike

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the battery is good. I know that cause I checked it on the my tester and it still charged up good. It was only down to 90% to start with. Is there more than one main fuse. The main fuse is the fuse on the positive battery cable right?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just bought my RC 51 hell havent even taken it for a ride yet, so I am just throwing out suggestions. I would think if you googled the eletrical system diagrams that you would come up with a complete list of the fuses and the locations.

Worst case you fried your eletrical system but again I am no expert with the RC51

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured in theory it should blow a fuse before any of that happens. I just dont have my service manual up here (away at college now) and not sure if there are more fuses than just the ones I found. Thanks for the quick response though. Ill try google.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.