Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the service manual and it is veryinvolved. does all that stuff really need to come out. i don't see whay you couldn't remove the pressure plate and clutches. install new clutches and reinstall pressure plate with new springs and go from there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very easy if you are even moderatly mechanically inclined. Did mine when it was oil change time... killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so then why does the manual tell you to take half the motor apart? lol. so i can just go as far as the plates and then install new ones then close it up?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, the owners manual says to lube your chain with gear oil too....

Oil up the new plates. Take off the lower body panel, the cable and cover. If you're lucky, you won't even tear the gasket. Unbolt the hub, not the whole basket. Watch how it comes apart. Once you're that far, use common sence and don't take apart what doesn't need. There are 2 (fiber) plates that are different colors than the rest, those are the first and last ones. Nothing at all hard about it, just a little time consuming.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
very easy, and there isn't a gasket there. you have to use some kind of gasket selaer. I used some rtv that was high temp and oil safe. I soaked the new plates in oil for a little bit before putting them in but you can just coat them if you want. make sure they all go the same way too. I put the sharp edge towards the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts