Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new RR on order and another thread here made me wonder what its going to cost to insure this bad boy. I've been paying $50/mo. for an RC51 through State Farm and wouldn't mind something similar for the CBR.

What rates have you been quoted ? By who ? Full coverage ? What's your record like ? :idunno:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just got a quote from my current insurance company USAA. My rates from my 929 to the 1000 would jump an astronomical $72 a year if I upgraded ;) . I dont know if I can handle that :p , I mean knowing that all I have to do now is upgrade.
To upgrade or not to upgrade....that is the question..... :huh:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Duke said:
Just got a quote from my current insurance company USAA. My rates from my 929 to the 1000 would jump an astronomical $72 a year if I upgraded ;) . I dont know if I can handle that :p , I mean knowing that all I have to do now is upgrade.
To upgrade or not to upgrade....that is the question..... :huh:
What are you paying total Duke?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just about 670 bux a year + 100 deducatable full coverage. Breaks down to about 56 bux a month. If I upgrade it would go to about 62 bucks a month. :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Duke said:
Just about 700 bux a year + 100 deducatable full coverage. Breaks down to about 58 bux a month. If I upgrade it would go to about 62-63 bucks a month. :D
USAA is good if you can get in. I use them for Home and Auto. $500 deductable and I pay $136 every 6 months. This is with 2 cars, 2 bikes, a loan and home insurance through them.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
You need to focus on asking that to people in your state. Every state is going to be different. Full coverage on my '02 RC in TX was $950 a year (minimums on liab/comp/coll), it's $300 and some change in WA. The 1000RR is $300 and some change also.

·
Registered
133 Posts
knip said:
USAA is good if you can get in. I use them for Home and Auto. $500 deductable and I pay $136 every 6 months. This is with 2 cars, 2 bikes, a loan and home insurance through them.

:shocked: Wow. That is really low for home car and bike insurance ;) :D , that is a great bike rate :thumb:. I just found out that if I added my house to the policy it would not decrease, however if I added more bikes :evilaugh: (or cars) it would. Im also considering dropping the deductable on the bike from 100 to 500 bux .

·
Registered
190 Posts
Duke said:
:shocked: Wow. That is really low for home car and bike insurance ;) :D , that is a great bike rate :thumb:. I just found out that if I added my house to the policy it would not decrease, however if I added more bikes :evilaugh: (or cars) it would. Im also considering dropping the deductable on the bike from 100 to 500 bux .
Duke,
Keep in mind the amount of mileage you tell them the bike will be ridden in a year. My commute is 5 miles one way, 5 days a week. Put your wife as the primary of the most expensive vehicle, that should drop it as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts