Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m interested in learning more about racing on the track...no I haven’t had any track days and currently only have a 99 900RR street ready only. I'm kind of curious if I’m too old even though I haven't been so eager since I was in puberty. Am I too old to try this out if not what should I do first get myself in shape, start looking for a track bike, put in some time at track days, finally go to a school to learn more about the track? I have some local riders that put in track time at Barber and I’m thinking about joining them later this year. Any input would be great of course it might cause a divorce since I wreaked my first street bike and really messed up my right leg when I was younger but hey when I could walk again I bought another one and kept on keeping on...thought suggestions would be appreciated.

:thumb:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok guess i should have read more post from others LOL i see alot of good advice given already but if you feel the need please pass on the info...thx.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
You're never too old! Lots of guys 40 and over race. You should try attending one of the track schools like CLASS, Scwhantz, or Code for good instruction and introduction to the track. If you end up getting hooked, you can do more track days or take a racing school. Go to the WERA.com board for good info on racing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts