Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I just can't believe that evil a$$hole Tony George is going to win this fight. Of course, CART shot themselves in the foot so many times with their sponsors and manufacturers, it's impossible to count.

And WSBK is far less interesting than last year, the parallel is valid.

If the AMA races become the 'main event' at midwest tracks as the author suggests, they'll be in a world of financial trouble.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I can't believe it either.....

For what its worth, I used to be anti-George, but over time I have come to accept his vision for Indy. Like other fans and locals, I was upset that he used the track as a bargaining chip to further his IRL aspirations. We were most upset that 'The Month of May' appeared to dwindle to a short 2 weeks.... But, in a series of risky maneuvers, he turned an aging race facility with one tired premier event into a season long hub of activity.

In the process he has revived the track and provided a major boost to the local economy. The track facilities had begun to show major signs of disrepair....now they are once again world class. The golf course renovation has proven to be a boon....bringing year round tourist play and Pro events. The Brickyard 400 is a marquee event in the Nascar roster.....and the USGP is a growing event bringing lots of international tourism to Indy.....

His actions have been controversial at best, and I still don't agree with the IRL's recipe for racing.....but on the whole its been good for Indianapolis, and the racing community.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts