Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. Sold my Yamaha FZ1 and stepped over to the faaaaaaaaast side. Just picked up my 08' silver/black Blade. Glad to be here and look forward to talking with everyone. I'm a geezer next to most of you but have been riding since I was 18. 50 now and wanted a state of the art machine before I was to old to enjoy one. So here I am....cuz' if this thing ain't state of the art, I don't know what the hell is. :D
Anyways, I tried the "search" to no avail. Even checked Purolator's site. Is there a PureOne filter that works on this machine and is Honda good with its use? Thanks in advance for the help. :thumb:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Do you have your heart set on a PureOne? if so why? I use the cheapo walmart brand filters you can get for $2.50 on my blade and they seem to work pretty well.
edit:
Oh and :welcome:

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
Hey folks. Sold my Yamaha FZ1 and stepped over to the faaaaaaaaast side. Just picked up my 08' silver/black Blade. Glad to be here and look forward to talking with everyone. I'm a geezer next to most of you but have been riding since I was 18. 50 now and wanted a state of the art machine before I was to old to enjoy one. So here I am....cuz' if this thing ain't state of the art, I don't know what the hell is. :D
Anyways, I tried the "search" to no avail. Even checked Purolator's site. Is there a PureOne filter that works on this machine and is Honda good with its use? Thanks in advance for the help. :thumb:
:hi: and :welcome: geezer, old, elderly, old fart, senior citizen. Thats me, so my kids tell me. I use after market oil filters as well but i get them from my Honda dealer so I guess they still have warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have your heart set on a PureOne?
Thanks for the welcome. Had more than a few mechanics tell me that they're about the best you can get. Guys on the FZ1 Site swear by Walmart filters, so I guess they're pretty good as well. Fram.... now that's another story all together.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Yamaha filters suck so I would not use one. Purolator, Honda and K&N all make nice filters that are high quality inside. I use the K&N mostly because they come with a nut on the end that is drilled. So easy to safety wire and 17mm wrench/socket to change :cool:

As to the warranty there was a law against that nonsense. I think Furgeson was in the name.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yamaha filters suck so I would not use one. Purolator, Honda and K&N all make nice filters that are high quality inside
Do you know the Purolator # for the application? Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts