Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After reading that announcment, I thought I could do it one better. I bought my wife a 2005 Subaru Outback. It comes with a 250hp flat 6 boxer engine. I've got to do some more measuring but....Ya think it might fit the Wing?:idunno:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
SomeStrangeGuy said:
No wonder why they built it in Aus, we don't have 4 inch slugs in the states.
that must be a frightening place, 4 inch slugs, animals with big pouches that wear boxing gloves and punch people.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Nothing like running a 9 second quarter at the track only to be passed by a bagger.

I've got an uncle that rides a GoldWing. That thing with an 1800 will move. It won't outrun a sportbike by any means, but it'll make any sportbiker think twice before challenging one. Have you ever seen those things run Deals Gap - unreal. They handle very well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i happened to be lucky enough to purchase the Joe Rocket cbr1000rr press bike, that has also had some " tweaks " by the race team

as with the goldwing, the cbr is no ordinary blade thats for sure , it makes other blades feel like kawasakii`s lmao:clap:

this is Adam " krusty " Fergusson doing a few laps before the journo`s had a run at Winton Raceway

this is me with her in my driveway along side my repsol

and this is her at the Moto GP at Philip Island at the Honda display in 2005

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
240HP Joe Rocket Honda Goldwing

by Paul Crowe - "The Kneeslider" on 5/22/2006
in Engines, Motorcycle Builders
Let me begin by saying I can’t confirm this. This appeared in Australian Motorcycle News in early April so this may be a joke, … or it may be the coolest Goldwing ever. According to the article, the Joe Rocket Goldwing was massaged a bit by the racing guys.
They upped the displacement to 2798cc through both bore and stroke, added four valve heads, high compression pistons, high lift cams, MoTeC engine management system and the result is 240hp at the rear wheel! They also did a bit of frame bracing, suspension work and everything else you would expect to get that kind of power down to the asphalt.
According to Reece Griffith of Honda, they sourced bits and pieces from all over and once it’s been sorted, they’ll offer it for sale in Australia.
Biggest problem I see is how much time it takes to get in and change rear tires on a Goldwing. I think those will be a short term consumable item on this beast.
Again, this may be an April fool joke, so take it for what it’s worth.
Thanks for the tip, Aaron!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, just to put your minds at ease, yes it was a joke. How do i know this you might ask. Cause I am now the owner of this bike and apart from the rad paint job, she's completely standard. It now lives in North Queensland Australia and still turns heads.
had to replace the forward exhaust covers, the old guy i bought it off dented them coming off a curb. apart from that, all good. luv it. IMG_1142.JPG

1 - 19 of 19 Posts