Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I havent joined the masses, but Im helping my buddy out... Long story short Ive piggy backed his Hard drive to my PC and loaded his songs to the ipod. Now I cant get them to show up. Whats the deal? These are all songs ripped by him from CD, no downloads. I didnt install Itunes on my pc, just transferred them using windows explorer.
Any help?
Chris

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
you didnt transfer them using itunes - haveto, or get a plugin for WinAmp if it's not a video Ipod.

Just using windows explorer - windows treats it as a whatever-gig storage drive, and copies it to /filestorewhatever/root instead of actually publishing music on it.

I vote winamp and MLipod plugin (available from same winamp.com download site as the software) and then when you remove it you don't have to worry about restarting your pc.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
You have to convert the songs to .mp3's. Ripping a cd direct converts them to .wma's and iPods won't read them. We use XPlay instead of iTunes to manage the songs on our iPods. It's much better IMO...

·
Registered
768 Posts
A great podcast is available at www.MotoGPod.com. I've been listening to all of last years podcasts. He covers the goings on in the MotoGP world, offering more insight that a lot of other sources.

I bought my wife an Ipod Nano for Christmas. While looking around, I discovered this podcast. I've burned them onto CDs so I can listen while I drive, since I don't have a mp3 or an Ipod myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts