Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A lady my Mom works with son is in IRAQ. He sent her these pictures. Could be real I guess... :idunno:

These sand storms better known as a "Shamal" in this region can be extremely dangerous and folks should take cover if they see one approaching.

Do you remember the movie, the Mummy, no special effects here... This is REAL...Sand Storm, 26 April 2005. Al Asad, IRAQ, t's a wall of sand traveling at 60 mph.

·
Registered
948 Posts
i have A video of this sand storm moving and how it totally blacks out the area if i can figure out how to post it

I have a good friend over there....the video puts it a little more into perspective.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Having been on the receiving end of one of those, the video doesn't do it justice. It's even more awe inspiring in person. Like the sun just goes out. We'd get lost moving between tents just 50-100ft apart. Besides being shot at and mortared, it was the second scariest part of my "vacation".

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SPY said:
i have A video of this sand storm moving and how it totally blacks out the area if i can figure out how to post it

I have a good friend over there....the video puts it a little more into perspective.

:eek: Wow! Pretty awesome!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts