Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a sp1 and have been slowly accumulating parts for a hostile takeover of the world this spring!

The wrecked-this-fall thumper will be up and thumping this spring!

I am enclosing a list of parts I need, if anyone has any of these lying around, i would love to negotiate a price and git-r-done!

right lower, left headlight, brackets for the front cowl, front cowl, windshield, maybe front wheel if not repairable, seat, right clip on (i think they're aftermarket raised 1"), front cover on the snorkle thingy, speed o, many broken plastic thingys in the front cowl area too difficult to describe in text, turn signals, mirrors, and other stuff i can't remember right now!

any help appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't have any parts but I'm definitely pumped for spring! We got lucky so I've gotten a few hours in this month.

Good luck with the RC!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Rain and more rain on the West Coast. Zero riding hours here in Northern California since early December. I am doing some early 60's Honda restorations to keep busy. The RC-51 seems to be edging towards the garage door openings on it's own. Can't wait to try my new raised bars and the Sato exhausts installed over the winter.

Try Ranch Motorcycle Dismantling( Sacramento) 916-631-7900. They did have some used RC51 parts in stock last time I was there....

·
Registered
758 Posts
YEAH, Super excited myself. I actually got the RC out for an hour or so Saturday. Went and got lunch on it. Days are just starting to get longer. WOOOHOOO

·
Registered
63 Posts
OMG.. it cant come fast enough. Been out a couple times this winter on the 50 deg days............but ready for something in the 70's. Went on STT yesterday to sit and drool.

Need to pull a couple other RC's together for an outing.. Road Atlanta, or Barber, or CMP. Have 2 other guys here I ride with. Any other NC/SC/Ga guys with RC's interested?

·
Registered
758 Posts
50 degrees is riding weather. We're lucky to see 40 degrees on a "warm day lately. It's getting better though, a month ago a warm day was above 20 degrees.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ditto, can't wait to get her out from under the cover hit the twisties. I put my helmet on the other day just cause its been sitting on a closet shelf for so long. It felt so right.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well I just bought my RC51 and I cant wait to ride. I am still in a splint but I will be ready for action in the next 70 days or so. Cant wait to see how the RC51 rides compared to the 929 I own.

·
Registered
148 Posts
:thumb: more than ready for spring, even with a heater in garage still sucks working on bike, need some 90degree weather

·
Registered
55 Posts
:plus1:
I found myself sitting in front on my computer in my riding suit the other night....:rotfl:
Haha, glad I'm not alone, I have had my leathers on and my new Alpinestars SMX Plus boots around the house, my wife thinks that I'm nuts!! :O

I have only done 21 miles since October 2009 :thumbd:

We have had a really severe winter here in the UK this year with lots of ice and snow.

Ive been fitting parts in the garage too, new tyres, new double bubble airflow screen, new front HH pads, just waiting for my braided HEL front brake lines to arrive and then they will go on with some Motul RBF600 fluid!!

I am doing my first ever trackday on 28th March at Rockingham. I am chomping at the bit (English slang, dont' know if it translates!) to get out and do some shakedown & scrubbing-in miles. :smilierr:

The weekend looks positively warm with forecast temps of 5C (41F) so who knows.

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
I definately can't wait for spring and it's hopefully warmer temperatures.. I'm fed up with getting cold :crying:I'm pretty sure my feet havent been warm since yesterday morning when I rode into work :crap:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Chomping at the bit is a slang term understood and used by a lot of individuals to describe anxiety fueled anticipation and physical release. It comes from the Equestrian ( horse) nation and describes the actions of a horse that is anticipating some high level physical work like racing/ cattle penning/crowd control in police wok, etc.
The horse will either grip the bit in it's mouth to gain control over the rider or will chomp on it continuously as a signal to the rider to get going!

Yep, my home site is filled with both horses and motorcycles, I try not to mix the two to keep the wife happy. The horses are losing their winter coats, a sign that spring is on the way.

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
The horses are losing their winter coats, a sign that spring is on the way.
Our Old English Sheepdog is rapidly losing his hair too.. But in his case it's because I'm cutting it off :D He's having an early spring trim :thumb:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Chomping at the bit is a slang term understood and used by a lot of individuals to describe anxiety fueled anticipation and physical release. It comes from the Equestrian ( horse) nation and describes the actions of a horse that is anticipating some high level physical work like racing/ cattle penning/crowd control in police wok, etc.
The horse will either grip the bit in it's mouth to gain control over the rider or will chomp on it continuously as a signal to the rider to get going!

Yep, my home site is filled with both horses and motorcycles, I try not to mix the two to keep the wife happy. The horses are losing their winter coats, a sign that spring is on the way.
Lol

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
I can't wait for Spring either, but I'll have to get through the rest of Summer, then Autumn and Winter first. :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
My next question would be Where in the _________________ can you ride all year long?

where in the USA

where in the UK

where in asia

where in AU

I dont mean with full leathers on and stuff I mean where can you ride all yar long or at least 90% of the year in just regular cloths

1 - 20 of 72 Posts