Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my bike, it came with a full Hindle system on it - complete with carbon fiber can. Im not a big fan of carbon fiber, so I want to change it. To me it looks like the 'carbon fiber' part is just a sleeve around the metal part of the can. It seems like if I were to pop out the rivets holding the carbon fiber sleeve on, there might be a nice shiny finish underneath. Anybody try this?

·
Registered
441 Posts
If you pull off the carbon all you will have is packing material flying out. Leave it alone and get a ti can if you don't like it.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Sleeves on cannisters can certainly be changed with no ill effects. Call Hindle, tell them it's on the way and tell them to swap it for a titanium/aluminum sleeve. They CAN and WILL do it if you ask, probably for a cheap fee too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I should be getting a full system shortly, with a SS can - I'd be willing to trade for your carbon unit.

How do you like the sound of the Hindle on the 1000RR? I had one on my F4i and loved it, but haven't heard in on the '04 Blade yet.

·
Registered
356 Posts
2K41KRR said:
I should be getting a full system shortly, with a SS can - I'd be willing to trade for your carbon unit.

How do you like the sound of the Hindle on the 1000RR? I had one on my F4i and loved it, but haven't heard in on the '04 Blade yet.
I have!! i was at a local track in Canada and one of the local racers had a 1000RR with a hindle full system on it, not sure if it's a proto system or a "special" system, but DAYUM it sounded sweet.. i've had a Hindle on my F4i and I used to ride with Hindle's daughter.. so we both had the same system but her's was louder.. much louder in fact.. not D&D annoying loud but it sounds like a finely tuned race bike built with no budget in mind..

So, the 1000RR sounded amazing, bottom line it made me grin ear to ear...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts