Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I bought my 01 929 wrecked and was looking to replace the fairings. Went online shopping on a couple of sites and ran across fairingonline.com. The price was so unbelievably tempting that I wanted to drop the money right there on the spot! I don't know much about bikes and wanted to know if anyone has heard or had any reviews on this site or had suggestions for a site to buy from :idunno:? I looked around and couldn't find anything negative or positive and figured why not come to the site where everyone has great ideas :D!!!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
They look nice online, it even looks like they may have all the internal mount tabs in them too. As with most all the chinese knock off fairings I would be willing to bet they don't just bolt on and will need fiddled with to get them to fit straight.

Caveat emptor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bettingpython. I've been kind of wary about buying online. And All I hear about buying from China or Hong Kong is fitting problems. Do you know of any other sites or possibly someone who has bought fairings from another site with positive reviews?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
The only way you are going to get a truly great fit is with OEM plastics. I use ron ayers online they are cheaper than your local dealer. I have seen several sets of china plastics that look great you just have to work at it, shark skinz hot bodies etc will be the same thing you're going to have to drill holes and line everything up and make internal mount tabs on their stuff.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Shark skinz kept popping up as well in my searches. I continue to look and check reviews and see how it works. I'll be sure to update this whenever I make my decision

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fit, on aftermarket fairings has improved greatly since most of them changed to injection molding.
Unfortunatly quality control is not the best so while they can make fairings that almost fit like OEM there is no guarantee that is what you will get.
Having said that though, the fit issue problem is nowhere near as bad as it used to be.
Paint on the other hand is soft and if you intend on keeping them for a while, re-clearcoating them with a decent two pac would be a good idea.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't think about the paint situation with these online ABS fairings. Good idea to throw a couple of clearcoats on there. Thanks. I figured I would have to get them professionally installed even if they have to make some adjustments the end price and results will hopefully be better than buying the more expensive fairings.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Fit, on aftermarket fairings has improved greatly since most of them changed to injection molding.
Unfortunatly quality control is not the best so while they can make fairings that almost fit like OEM there is no guarantee that is what you will get.
Having said that though, the fit issue problem is nowhere near as bad as it used to be.
Paint on the other hand is soft and if you intend on keeping them for a while, re-clearcoating them with a decent two pac would be a good idea.
:plus1:We just installed a set on a 05 600RR and they lined up great. I am thinking about a set for the 929 this fall. I am seeing them more and more.

:welcome:Welcome to the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts