Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 929 and I had an issue (electrical, I think)that fixed it self but now the bike is not starting at all. It started few month ago when I came out from work and turned the key and nothing but the head lights came on I turned the key a few times and all the dash lights and I heard the fuel pump turn on. it started and had no issued until a month ago when the fuel pump would not come on when I turned the bike on. I didnt mess with it until the other night when I turned the bike on and the fuel pump came on but now the bike will not fire. I can turn it over all day and nothing. The fuel pump is coming on but does that mean its really pumping? Has anyone had any problems like this?

Rob From Doubletakekennels.com

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I have a 01 929 and I had an issue (electrical, I think)that fixed it self but now the bike is not starting at all. It started few month ago when I came out from work and turned the key and nothing but the head lights came on I turned the key a few times and all the dash lights and I heard the fuel pump turn on. it started and had no issued until a month ago when the fuel pump would not come on when I turned the bike on. I didnt mess with it until the other night when I turned the bike on and the fuel pump came on but now the bike will not fire. I can turn it over all day and nothing. The fuel pump is coming on but does that mean its really pumping? Has anyone had any problems like this?
Kill switch possibly as they're known to fail.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
But does that explain the lights not coming on and the fuel pump deciding to come back to life but no fire?
Not really but I couldn't think of anything else :)
Have you checked the charging system is working okay?
If it's falling apart it could cause strange problems.
Have you checked for spark at the plugs?
I assume you've already checked the earths and harness connectors are all clean and tight?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Where would the main ground for the system be found?
There are several grounds as well as a ground junction block hidden inside the harness which is known to corrode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts