Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fired up my cbr600f4i today and went down the block, all of a sudden it started sounding like crap so i went right home. Ill post a video, anyone know the possible issues?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sounds like its missing really bad and it smelled of fuel, i think my cam chain skipped a tooth and the timing may be off, but im not mechanically inclined so I figure I would ask some more knowledgeable people. Its going to the shop tomm either way.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to the shop I was way off, my #1 spark plug thread was stripped and the cylinder stopped firing, he said they need to pull the head and try to helicoil it, but hes not sure if that will work. He also stated it will cost around $900, does thia sound right to anyone?

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
It isn't like most cars where you pop the hood and you can see the head and where the spark plugs go. So just getting to the head takes a bit of work.

For reference, a new head is around $900.

When was the last time the valves were checked or the plugs replaced?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just had the valves checked and my front fork seals replaced less than 500 miles ago and about 3 weeks ago. All my valves were within spec and it ran great until yesterday

·
Banned
433 Posts
A skilled mechanic can run grease on the tap, go thru the motions... In the cheap seats for a buck fiffy.
:plus1:

Time to hand it over to someone who can do more than throw guesses at it. Planes, boats, cars, bikes, women, and the elderly, it's going to happen sooner or later when you have to consult a professional for answers.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
I just had the valves checked and my front fork seals replaced less than 500 miles ago and about 3 weeks ago. All my valves were within spec and it ran great until yesterday
Did they remove the plugs?

Normally the spark plug is not blown out of the head and strips the thread. Someone putting the plug back in incorrectly or incorrectly tightening it will strip the threads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts