Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend works at a dealer and they have an RC-51 with Ohlins forks. My stock forks have been reworked by DK and I'm happy with them. It will probably cost me a few $$$, is it worth it?

Bill

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Are you buying their forks?
Are you looking at new ones?
Are you thinking about trading them out?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have to trade mine in with some $$$. He will give me a good price, I'm wondering if I'll appreciate them or if they are say $500 better than my DK forks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wouldn't you hate to buy those forks and then crash the bike?
$500 sounds cheap if they will do it for that. Keep in mind that those forks will fit just about any bike and your RC forks will not. What dealer is it? Maybe I will give them a call!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flitzer : Wouldn't you hate to buy those forks and then crash the bike?
$500 sounds cheap if they will do it for that. Keep in mind that those forks will fit just about any bike and your RC forks will not. What dealer is it? Maybe I will give them a call!
It's only money! A local guy with a 954 will trade me his stock for my DK, then I can trade them for the Ohlins. I wonder if I will feel the difference

I also have to make sure the Ohlins logo will come off, the blue will take away from my monochromatic motif.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
flitzer : Go to Hardracing.com and read about them going to Ohlins forks!
Oh yeah, now there's a reputable source for information.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I had the stock forks, DK modified forks and the Ohlins on my RC. The Ohlins were an improvement over the DK's, they absorb road irregularities much better, and the ride is much more smooth.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
If you ride on the track than I would strongly recommend the Ohlins, depending on the price. However, if it's just for street riding than save your money...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
booth23 : I had the stock forks, DK modified forks and the Ohlins on my RC.  The Ohlins were an improvement over the DK's, they absorb road irregularities much better, and the ride is much more smooth.
Ohlins.... sweeeet stuff. I'd jump on that deal, hell I'd jump on it right now if he'd take my Showas!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts