Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum, so please just say if i wrote this in the wrong area of the forum.
As you can see I am new to the Motorcycles and I don't have anyone to ask about my bike. So I've been riding motorcycle for 5 month now. I got Honda CBF250 because it was easy to start with, but now I am thinking to perhaps add extra something or improve anything on it. Do you think it is worth it? And what could I possibly modify?
Thank You in advance.

·
Registered
582 Posts
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Hello my friend, you could add another 650 cc and jump on a 1k, or baby blade !
Personally your not going to make any massive power changes to that bike, i would think about chopping it in for something else.

I think you well find your not alone over the either, i'm sure the boys will be shouting out soon.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.
I live in Australia and i am on my Learner license, this restricts me from having engine bigger than 650 cc and ratio of weight per power i think 1:150.
Whats baby blade?
I am really bad with terminology and how actual bike operates inside the engine as there is no one around to show me. So I kinda trying to educate myself over the internet. But i got a job with a decent income, so i am willing to spend the earnings on my bike rather than on anything else, and is it possible to actually change the engine from 250cc to say 500cc leaving the same shape bike? Because it is sort of small compared to other bikes I see on the street.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh, but my dad paid most of it for my bike and I had it only for 5 month now, I think he will be pissed if I try to get a new bike.
Can I also ask you a question - I know my bike is tiny, but the season of the rains coming to Australia and is it worth getting Fairings for bike like mine? The guy who I bought the biek from said they will be too small and won't shield you much. What's your personal opinion?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Doing an engine mod is not worth it and would effect your insurance as you would have to tell them! I would run your bike and get some more experience, a cbf250 is a good bike to do that on, please don't try and run before you can walk.
Going to cost $ putting a fairing on it ! get water proofs...lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeh I was going to get waterproofs as well.
And sorry english is not my first language, so was that "don't try to run before you can walk" like a metaphor as in I should not try to go for fast bikes and etc before I am very confident on the bikes?

·
Registered
582 Posts
You got it in one my friend, learning good bike control will make you firstly a better rider but also faster. There is a saying about "learning by your mistakes" but you can't afford to many on a bike. Ride it, learn it and above all enjoy it, then in time upgrade it.

Stay safe and upright my friend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.