Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading lot's of 15T vs. 16T front sprocket threads I thought my bike had 16 / 43 gearing stock. I got curious the other day, and checked my rear sprocket and it's a 42!! :eek: Are all Euro 929's like this? What sprockets are the Australian bikes equipped with?

Guess I could really benefit from a smaller front sprocket then... Will the stock chain be to long if I buy a 15T front sprocket to go with my 42T rear sprocket?

Sprocket sprocket sprocket :D

:)

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Fire929blade said:
Will the stock chain be to long if I buy a 15T front sprocket to go with my 42T rear sprocket?
Depends on how worn your chain is, and if the bike did in fact come from the factory with a 42t rear (the chain would be sized to fit, if so). Check your chain adjusters and see how much room you have left before the adjustment is max'd out.

Additionally, a new chain and sprockets in your choice of configuration is a relatively inexpensive mod, and easy as pie to do yourself.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
you better recount... 1....2....3.... d'oh.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pete said:
Depends on how worn your chain is, and if the bike did in fact come from the factory with a 42t rear (the chain would be sized to fit, if so). Check your chain adjusters and see how much room you have left before the adjustment is max'd out.

Additionally, a new chain and sprockets in your choice of configuration is a relatively inexpensive mod, and easy as pie to do yourself.
OK! Thanks :thumb:

I bought the bike new and I'm religious when it comes to maintaining the chain. I rode 16000km last summer (when I bought it) and the chain adjusters is still in the "new" section. I will try a 15T front sprocket with the stock chain and rear sprocket and see what happens :)

If someone could recomend a good chain breaker/riveter that doesn't cost the entire world I would appreciate it very much :smilebig:

:)

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Aussie 929 and 954's have a 43 tooth rear sprocket as well,
something to do with the yanks not being able to handle as much top speed as us :twofing:

:D

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
ratter said:
Aussie 929 and 954's have a 43 tooth rear sprocket as well,
something to do with the yanks not being able to handle as much top speed as us :twofing:

:D
Not to mention the fact that the fuel they use is worse than ours, so to get the same acceleration, they need to drop the gearing :nod:

Z...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts