Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase a new exhaust system for my 954 and I tossed up to which is the best and is a half system even worth the money or go with the full system? I have heard different answers and then I found this web site so I am hopping someone might be able to guide me the right way. also will the flapper modification cause my service light to come on? Just curious
:idunno:

·
Registered
356 Posts
this must be a tough decision, your first post and it's pre dawn... get some rest dude, and welcome to the site :thumb:

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
IMO I say it's a waste. I don't believe you gain that much more then a bolt-on. Now you could save up a bit longer and spend the money on a full exhaust and will not be dissappointed then.

Dano

·
Registered
252 Posts
Irish15 said:
also will the flapper modification cause my service light to come on? Just curious
It shouldn't...

EDIT- As long as you don't touch the servo.. :nono:

·
Registered
661 Posts
depends on your reason for getting a pipe...for power or just sound/bling factor. I don't bling so I'd buy a full Arata, then fork out the dough for a custom map. Should get around 12-14 maybe 15 hp out of it with a good map. The map from DK for the Arata aint bad but custom is the best route for best performance. This won't be cheap. Oh and the full Ti system will drop a bunch of weight off. Half or slip on won't.

Service light...think it depends on what you unhook. I took out the plastic flapper and unhooked the cables in the air box and that was it. No light for me but some other folks have..but not sure how exactly they 'removed' the flapper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys I was actually leaning towards a two brothers full system or the yoshimura full system and body with a suggestion of which might be better or even a little louder?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Irish15 said:
I am about to purchase a new exhaust system for my 954 and I tossed up to which is the best and is a half system even worth the money or go with the full system? I have heard different answers and then I found this web site so I am hopping someone might be able to guide me the right way. also will the flapper modification cause my service light to come on? Just curious
I did a half system and gained a bunch of power for the money. Jardine 1/2 system w/ Hass eliminator and PCIIIUSB. I know I gained a bunch because It showed at the track. (a couple tenths to be exact) All of this for $570

·
Registered
502 Posts
I had a Moriwaki half system, had a crash and then found a full Arrow Ti system for a little more and there is quite a difference. The low rpm stumble is gone and power / torque is a little better everywhere. Money is better spent on a full system over a half system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts