Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it really worth it...or is just a bunch of old people in chaps and black leather with lots of patches? Wings and VTX's all over?? I am not sure if Dollywood is my cup of tea, would I probably have a better time just riding the gap up and down?? Would my 954 overheat with the pace of rides??

Also, is it required for pay for lots of the stuff...or just join into rides as you see them kind of thing???

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
It's pay-as-you-go, although I think you can save some money if you purchase ahead.

I intend to hit the Gap on the way to the Hoot, and on the way from it.

I've never been, but with all the activities, demo rides, sponsors, etc there, I think it'll be more than worth it

·
Registered
216 Posts
i went last year and took my family istead of my bike. lots to do and look at. the demo rides would be my main focus if i were going this year. all of the bike makers had stuff there for you to ride. only honda dissappointed with only vtx's, wings, etc to ride . the rides require that you have your helmet, gloves & boots to participate ... i had none of the above.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
I'm going. Maiden voyage to the Hoot. A good buddy who I'll be there with has been in attendace a number of times and, while he's not as big a fan of the event since they moved it to Knoxville, he's still a big fan.

The demo opportunities and a few of the group rides including Cumberland Gap are supposedly well worth the trip.

We'll do the Gap and BRP on our own.

·
Registered
741 Posts
been there 2X already and looking forward to going again this year. its a great time, not to mention a good way for me and my buddies to pack on 2600 miles in 6 days again, not too bad for a 929 IMO.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Crittar , myself and several other riding fiends went last year thursday and pretty much got to demo what ever we wanted (Aprilla RSVR , Buell XB9S, etc ). To me that was the best part, but, there were some cheap add ons , tires and other crusier crap . All in all , any day away from work was well worth it, and, a day where I get to ride some neat bikes is just the icing on the cake. We are going back this year, maybe we can all meet up ?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Some of the guys, and I use the term 'guys' loosely, I am going with are backing out of the riding part of the trip. They are going to take their bikes in the back of a truck. Looks like I need to find a place in my saddlebags for some wax paper for them once we arrive. No offense to Chain or anyone else who is trucking their bikes as well. The whole point of my group going was the trip.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Diesel954 : Some of the guys, and I use the term 'guys' loosely, I am going with are backing out of the riding part of the trip. They are going to take their bikes in the back of a truck. Looks like I need to find a place in my saddlebags for some wax paper for them once we arrive. No offense to Chain or anyone else who is trucking their bikes as well. The whole point of my group going was the trip.
No offense taken.

I had originally planned on riding the 1,000 miles between home and the Hoot, but as a concession to my wife (as this is my first ever long bike vacation), I will trailer down there.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
zx6r : We are going back this year, maybe we can all meet up ?

Yep, we should. I'll be there, just not sure exactly when (maybe that Friday night).

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
If you guys are serious about this, how about we post respective cell phone numbers and loose itineraries in the Events Folder as the day we go draws near?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Chain : If you guys are serious about this, how about we post respective cell phone numbers and loose itineraries in the Events Folder as the day we go draws near?
Cellphones in Tennessee?

No, seriously, reception around some of the mountains there is non-existent

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am making the trip from Autin Texas to the hoot via goldwing. Any other Texas riders going?I would be interested in riding along together. After hoot going on up to ny for a week then back to Texas. Any takers for riding buddy to the hoot?:patriot:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am not trying to offend anyone but the best thing about the Honda Hoot is the fact that it is close to the gap. I went last year, I dont have a problem with an event that has vendors but that was all that the hoot was. Why pay 20 or 30 per person to get into the hoot to have people try to sell you things. The rides were ok, but most did not even have stops for lunch included. For the price you pay for some of the things there I just did not feel that the Hoot was worth it. Also, good luck trying to find anything bike related going on outside of the gap or the event grounds. VERY BORING, I spent most of the weekend making passes at the gap. If it wasn't for deals gap it would have been a wasted trip.

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
a guy i work with and his buddy went up there. they left yesterday.

and wow talk about rasing the dead on this thread

1 - 17 of 17 Posts