Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, just installed a devil 3/4 pipe on my 2002 954 RR.
FYI, cali version.
ive only owned the bike for approx. 1 month. have only ridden it a handful of times w/ stock pipe installed.
well what ive noticed is that after the install the bike seems to slightly bog below 3.5k rpm and then a definite surge in power occurs at 4k rpm. its very noticeable, and def was not there before the pipe install.
i rode the bike a good 150 miles with stock fuel map(have pcIII usb) and have recently installed a fuel map for the devil 1/2 pipe system found on the powercommander website. i havent given it a good test ride yet w/ new map but did take it around the block only to notice the same bog below 3.5k rpm.
whats going on? anyone else have a similar result? should i try another map?
also some pretty good popping occuring during decel. is the ike too rich? i realize there is a PAIR valve on the CA model.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
hi, just installed a devil 3/4 pipe on my 2002 954 RR.
FYI, cali version.
ive only owned the bike for approx. 1 month. have only ridden it a handful of times w/ stock pipe installed.
well what ive noticed is that after the install the bike seems to slightly bog below 3.5k rpm and then a definite surge in power occurs at 4k rpm. its very noticeable, and def was not there before the pipe install.
i rode the bike a good 150 miles with stock fuel map(have pcIII usb) and have recently installed a fuel map for the devil 1/2 pipe system found on the powercommander website. i havent given it a good test ride yet w/ new map but did take it around the block only to notice the same bog below 3.5k rpm.
whats going on? anyone else have a similar result? should i try another map?
also some pretty good popping occuring during decel. is the ike too rich? i realize there is a PAIR valve on the CA model.

you should try the map fit for that pipe if you already have them just try more maps for the devil pipe..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts