Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This belongs to The gentleman who owns Jennings gp(nfmp).The frame,forks,triple clamps,wheels,swing arm,shock are all ex wsb ducati parts(i think they were hodgson or ncr stuff)the bodywork is from bostrom and goberts bikes.the swing arm and triples are magnisium.Carbon everything...to much to list......the froks and brakes are the real deal radial mount brembo's.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's rather lovely and it's nice to dream, but I'd not want to own it to ride regularly. Maybe to put on display or as an investment if it's the real article.
I'd not turn down a track day if it was offered to me for free of obligation mind you.......
If the motor is anything like WSB spec. then you're talking a 500km (between strip downs) hand grenade. It's probably running timed out crankcases etc. that the race teams dump. Drop it and unless you're a WSB level team you'll (a) probably not be able to get the bits and (b) even if you're connected enough to do so won't be able to afford them unless you're very rich.
Sorry to be such a wet rag, too old and seen too much I guess..........

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Wow...

However, it must have been retrofitted with the starter/battery setup because the RS (customer bikes) and up don't have that stuff...

Thats super cool stuff there. I know a guy on the duc list that has a 1995 (I think) frankie chili 955 bike... Must be cool to be that 'money'!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
looks like the battery is in there...but i personally would not want that ride...not for an only bike.  I think if I was on the track....I would still go for inline 4 at this point....hehehe!  just me though!  maybe not...maybe I would RC it...what am I trying to say....um....oh yea...its not a Honda!  I guess i would go 600RR!

one more thing...did you see the bald tires on that thing?     lol

·
Registered
196 Posts
huh, showbombsme, that is not Borge's ONLY bike.  His regular 'track' ride is a GSXR750, he also frequents his Aprilia RS250, has a GSXR750 in CA for a September ride we do out there every year, has a tricked race Duc 750ss that he keeps blowing the motor on because it has no rev limiter, so he bought a brand new Duc 750ss for a practice bike and save the other until race day.   Plus at home he has another Duc 888 I believe and also a KTM Duke II.

Must be nice, HUH!

edit because I was skimming post and read it wrong. OOPS.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
929flyer : has a tricked race Duc 750ss that he keeps blowing the motor on because it has no rev limiter, so he bought a brand new Duc 750ss for a practice bike and save the other until race day.  
ummm, wouldn't it have been more sensible to buy a revlimiter

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
929flyer : huh, showbombsme, that is not Borge's ONLY bike.  His regular 'track' ride is a GSXR750, he also frequents his Aprilia RS250, has a GSXR750 in CA for a September ride we do out there every year, has a tricked race Duc 750ss that he keeps blowing the motor on because it has no rev limiter, so he bought a brand new Duc 750ss for a practice bike and save the other until race day.   Plus at home he has another Duc 888 I believe and also a KTM Duke II.

Must be nice, HUH!

edit because I was skimming post and read it wrong.  OOPS.
yeah, I said I would not want it as my only ride...he may have a million! but I am a poor guy, and only can have, at the most, two bikes at a time. (now I have only one)

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Vizsladog44 : brakes and massive fork....looks like a softball bat
Now the rage is back to the 43mm tubes. Kinda funny how that works.

At Road America last year this dude showed up with one of Scott Russell's old Ducs. He took it out after we finally got it started. (I ran the little starter motor thing on the tire) It was pretty dang cool. He said part of his agreement in buying it was the ability to get parts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts