Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that are fans of road racing (as opposed to short-circuit or endurance racing), there is a long-awaited simulation going to be released next year. The promise was originally summer 2017, then november 2017, but it seems they are perfectionists and won't release it until March 2018 because there are still some things to be fixed.

https://games.gamepressure.com/game.asp?ID=18241

I spent hours on the original PS2 simulation which at least gave you an idea about which corners were coming next, which was a good preparation for riding the circuit for real when I went for the first time to the isle of man as a visitor in 2011.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
According to the link, the TT has been removed from the race calendar. Is that true?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The FIM removed the isle of man from the Grand Prix calendar . For safety reasons. I suppose there is some rationale there if all the other circuits have runoff and decent surface and all the other usual safety stuff. Road racers have a smaller envelope in order to survive. There aren't many that do both road race and short circuit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts