Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done reassembling my SP2 after doing the flapper valve mod, soft rev mod, pair removal mod, losing a tooth in my front sprocket, and slapping on some flush-mount turn signals. The bike sounds, runs, and looks alot better, but I now have two new issues.

Issue #1:

My clutch is now EXTREMELY spongy. I'm not sure if I stretched it while doing the PAIR mod, or if it just needs to be adjusted. Does anyone have any suggestions? It there a simple adjustment that I can do to compensate?

Issue #2:

The turnsignal light on my dash is on all the time. The turn signals themselves work. They are single filament bulbs with a positive and negative wire coming out of them. I cut the connectors off of the stock signals, combined the positive and ground and connected it to the positive on the signal and then connected both negatives. Like I sais, everything 'works' (running lights and turn signals) but the light on my dash is always on. Should I switch the the ground to the negative side? Should I 'ground the ground'?

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no buzz. Could it be how I spliced the wires together? How could I solve this 3 wires into 2 issue without shorting it?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Ahhh now I read it, dont splice them together. Just Pos and one other. The 3rd can just be cut short.

** try both neg and ground. not sure which one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah I talked to cbr600rr, looks like the way to go it leave the running light cut short and wrapped then just connect the blinker wire and ground. That way i'll have just the blinker. I guess they overheat and melt alot and a stright blinker is more noticable than a running light to blinker. He also let me know about how I screwed up putting on the new sprocket, so I'll have to fix and bleed the clutch cylinder. Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
656 Posts
When you take the sprocket cover off there is a procedure to follow as the clutch actuator is there and how you reinstall it is critical. You must have relieved the static pressure from it and somehow it sucked air and couldn't self adjust back again. It might just need bleeding from top and bottom.
I have had a similar problem with blinkers and they can drive you nuts. Somehow a left + and right + front to back were criss crossed, and left and right worked as hazzards. I hae electrical stuff but if you have patience and color diagram you can short it out. It seems as some ground that should only be grounded through the switch is grounded turning the light on without making a circuit through the flasher to turn it on/off. So if you back trace the ground of the light to where it is grounding you may solve the puzzle. People sometimes think that all grounds are grounded and switches are applied to the + side, while + is there all the time while the ground is going through a switch/relay/flasher ...
Good luck, and it is always best to report back on the solution for others to have a reference to a similar problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts