Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went down to Abernathy's today and picked up my CBR1KRR! First 'blade I've ever owned. I'm pretty impressed so far, but I've only got about 20 miles on it. I plan on putting a couple hundred miles on it this weekend, if not more. I have to get it broken in and oil changed before heading to Deal's Gap in two weeks.

I do have a question, though. It already had a Jardine "race" slip-on can installed, and it definitely feels lean. Is the PC the best "jetting" solution? If so, where's the best/cheapest place to get one? Also who has decent dark screens? I'm going to use the stock clear one for track days, but get a dark screen for street riding. I also noticed that sharkskinz has a solo tail available, has anyone tried one?

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
For the PC, I dont know how price compares as I havent shopped around any, but I gotta reccomend Dan Kyle (site sponsor) Even if he is a few bucks higher, most anyone that has dealt with him will tell you that he takes care of his customers. As far as screens go, I like the Puig line. Nice and thick with great finish on it. Others have liked Fabri, and Powerbronze as well. I dont know if any of these are making screens for the big RR yet though.
Chris

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
PC on kneedragger and MRI are @ 275+/- (hell any site for that matter except for powercommander.com )

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
NinerPilot said:
For the PC, I dont know how price compares as I havent shopped around any, but I gotta reccomend Dan Kyle (site sponsor) Even if he is a few bucks higher, most anyone that has dealt with him will tell you that he takes care of his customers. As far as screens go, I like the Puig line. Nice and thick with great finish on it. Others have liked Fabri, and Powerbronze as well. I dont know if any of these are making screens for the big RR yet though.
Chris
What he said. Strongly recommend the Puig screens. Had one on my 600RR and loved it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts