Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
So great seeing pics of these bikes. And thinking back to the things we did - or didn't do then.

When they first came out, there was no such thing as Akrapovics or Arrows, the best we could do was remove the baffles, and the 8mm securing bolt was actually welded in! No titanium 'full systems' but I did end up buying a Dunstall 4 into 2 system before changing to 4 into 1 for racing. We might have put on flat bars or 'Ace' bars, but there were no 'flapper mods', Power Commanders, friggin' ECU flashes and remaps, quickshifters, 'must have' Ohlins and Brembos, etc.

And you know what? Most of us from that era were happy with a stock bike. We made the most of what we had and enjoyed every minute of it. Look at today's markets and we hear first up after someone buys a bike: 'What mods are you going to do?' Friggin' mods. Rad guard, tail tidy, and pillion seat seat cowl does it for me!!

Anyway, liking that Arai helmet, Andrew. Just did a 'Google' search on it. Reasonable value too. BUT, I also found a brilliant one for the new 2020 Blade, except the damn thing's worth £769.00. I'll have to wait for the £180.00 crap copies!!
View attachment 106574
To bad since i bought an ARAI Chaser this Autumn cause i really want that one :-(.
My was on sale from 690 Euro to 420 Euro so could not say no.
Damn nice color scheme on that one above (y)

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
My was on sale from 690 Euro to 420 Euro so could not say no.
Damn nice color scheme on that one above (y)
Yep, I find it hard to say 'NO' to a bargain. I'm now hanging out for Easter and/or Good Friday sales for this new Arai!:)

Edited to say: With apologies to forum sponsor @MOTORCYCLEiD that I haven't included you in my search. A previous contact resulted in my learning that shipping and customs costs to UK would be prohibitive.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts