Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a ride today(sunny mid to upper thirties) filled my tank in Idaho(fuel is not oxygenated=no methanol) came home added Sta-bil rode around the block a few times pulled into the garage...drained the oil, changed filter and filled her back up...all that is left is to clean and lube the chain, wipe her down with a quick wax job, and clear a spot in the mudroom... I'm going to have to walk past the 954 everytime I enter or leave the house for the next five to six months... May she have sweet dreams...

J

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
My sincere condolences fumb . That is truly depressing. I just finished my tire changing duties today, so I have beautiful, fresh rubber on the '54 which should last me the rest of my riding season, which will both end and begin anew on Nov. 8, 2004

fumb, Chain -

Seriously guys, I feel for ya...

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
5 - 6 M O N T H S ?

Oy!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chain : That sucks, fumb. Let's both go to AZ and kick Baccy's ass, shall we?
Chain, my initial reaction to your post was 'hell no'(I don't desire a reputation as a woman beater)...but upon further reflection...you wanna book your own flight or shall I book it when I reserve mine? Poor poor Bacchy...new tires and him in the hospital...I'll bring the blanket Chain.

J

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2OHOH2954 : 5 - 6 M O N T H S ?

Oy!
Late April to mid May depending on what the weather Gods feel like...

J

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Yup, I'm doing the same thing as fumb tomorrow, and tuck it away in my garage. I too will stroll by it every day as I get into my car. But at least I'll have it covered up so I can't see it. Otherwise I'll develop 'The Itch'...and we don't want that at least until mid March.

At least I'll have my SuperBike 2001 video game to keep me company over the cold months.

Hang in there fumb.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GhostRider : Hang in there fumb.
Right back attcha Ghost...what a sad sad season...

J

·
Registered
548 Posts
Bacchus : My sincere condolences fumb   .  That is truly depressing.  I just finished my tire changing duties today, so I have beautiful, fresh rubber on the '54 which should last me the rest of my riding season, which will both end and begin anew on Nov. 8, 2004

fumb, Chain -  

Seriously guys, I feel for ya...
I too have fresh rubber on my 54. Although it may get a bit wet here it's certainly no reason to put the bike away.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Yeah, Fumb, I hear you. The Stabil goes in mine tomorrow (unless it rains which is in the forecast). I gave her the super-bath last weekend, so she's ready to hibernate in the garage until at least March (if it's a warm March) or April. There's a chance that we could have some more weather in the 50's here in November, so maybe I'll get another brief ride or two in. Thank goodness for snowboarding or winter would REALLY suck. By the way, I've got something for Bacchus and his new rubber:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bwhip : By the way, I've got something for Bacchus and his new rubber:
Amen brau...

J

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Yeah, it's under 40 degrees here, too. Too cold, even though it's sunny. I was hoping to ride today. It's supposed to be in the 50s next weekend, so I'm going to hold off the winterizing ritual for one more week, in hopes that I can sneak in one more next weekend.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Season is over here too it sucks.  Started yesterday putting it away for the long winter.  Put her up on her stands in the corner of the garage in preperation for the winterization.  Been saying all along the season is over when I see ice and I'll be damned if last night coming home there wasnt a sheet of ice on my corner     So its time to put her under her blanket and tuck her away in the heated garage till next season.

To all you southern and warm weather guys/girls I mean it in the nicest way of course  

Tom

·
Registered
8 Posts
That must be pretty frustrating for you guys. I live in one of the colder parts of Oz, and I ride all year round.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Man, I feel for you guys!  I just got done installing some MODs from the old 954 onto the new 954 today and went out on a ride.  I was sweating a little bit, because it was 80 degrees today.  Riding season is just begining down here!!! Just messing with you guys!

Rick

1 - 20 of 44 Posts