Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 600RR bug that is

Over the past 2 days I spent about 3 hours admiring a shiny black one at my dealer while my buddy and his dad were filling out paperwork. I asked about trade in on my 'Blade, they said somewhere between $5,500 and $6,000 depending on how clean it is.

I won't do it unless they let me ride it around the parking lot at least, I gotta know how it compares on power. I know it's gonna be down, but I need to know how much.

Anyone ride one? Any feedback to give?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
do they have a yellow one?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Here's some feeback for you. WAIT FOR THE 1000RR, and get everything that 600RR has with some power

·
Registered
737 Posts
Just in case you're interested, my local dealer has 3 of em in the showroom. All 3 colors. Very nice looking!! Let me know if ya want some info.

·
Registered
735 Posts
vnatchu has one.
Haven't seen him post in a LONG time.
Maybe PM him and ask how it compares with his 929.
(I also remember reading his comment on the old forum, do a search).

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dealer has all 3 colors as well. I'm leaning towards the all black one right now.

I do want the 1000RR or whatever it's gonna be, but cost will be a factor. I need my payments to stay where they are, or go down. Insurance would be cheaper too.

I'll see what happens. If they don't let me ride it, I won't sign any papers. I gotta feel what it's like before I make any changes.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
if you get 5500 or 6000 trade on a 929, you better take it, on any trade!  

The power is good.  For a 600.  It won't have that get up and move feeling that you are used to.  It'll be a huge difference for me coming off a Vtwin...  My bike starts hauling butt in any gear at 4000-5000 rpm, better have at least double that for optimum go on that 600.

Having said that, if you take your 929 to the track, you'll be as fast or faster on the 600RR.  Track dependent of course.  On the street, you better like to rev it, thats my take...

Having said all that, I'm still debating on what I am gonna do about a bike...  SO many options there are...  Must do some soul searching I think...  

EDIT: I should add, if you aren't used to a 600, it seems like it is doing nothing till you get in the upper revs... Feels downright gutless, but if you keep it in the power, its hard to beat...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I hear you...I am trying to convince my wife that it would make a good next bike for her....hehehehe...so I can borrow it. But I am going to wait for winter and pick one up cheap. I also like the black one...

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Here's some more feedback for you. I have gone through the 600/900/600F4i/954 game. If you are buying this bike for mainly street use, you are going to be very disappointed, IMHO. At least I was w/the F4i. I don't know about you, but once having experienced the low and mid-range power/torque of a liter bike, I can never go back. If you like to shift constantly, then go for the smaller bore. My $ .02...

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
600rr is a sweet bike. Especially in black. I was told at Cleveland/Akron Honda that they don't let anyone take sportbikes out for test rides. Cruisers are a diferent story.

I will never buy a new bike again. You loose too much right away. Used is the way to go. You may not have the latest and greatest, but you wouldn't have that for long anyway and it's not worth the 1000-2000 dollar hit you take.

Keep the 929 for another 2 years, sell it, and buy a used 1000.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'd love to have a 600RR hanging out in the garage too. But...No. No money.

They are nice bikes, look awesome and such. But you may end up missing the power.

If you really want the look, wait for the CBR1000RR to come out. I'd expect it to have a lot of the 'cool parts' (like the rear suspension) from the 600RR plus a larger engine.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heavy-Dee : 600rr is a sweet bike.  Especially in black.  I was told at Cleveland/Akron Honda that they don't let anyone take sportbikes out for test rides.  Cruisers are a diferent story.  

I will never buy a new bike again. You loose too much right away.  Used is the way to go.  You may not have the latest and greatest, but you wouldn't have that for long anyway and it's not worth the 1000-2000 dollar hit you take.

Keep the 929 for another 2 years, sell it, and buy a used 1000.
I'm a good customer....my sales guy considered it, he had it outside running and all, but he had to double check w/ the head honcho and he nixed it

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I've been getting to ride my friends 03 R6 (the one that rode with us) and while its an awesome bike...under 10K it's  I imagine the 600RR is the same way

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OSIRIS : I've been getting to ride my friends 03 R6 (the one that rode with us) and while its an awesome bike...under 10K it's  I imagine the 600RR is the same way
That's what I'm afraid of....I like my second gear!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Black is a tough color to keep looking nice. My front fender and leading edges of the lower fairings are pretty beat up after 12000 miles. It's harder to buff minor scratches out of it like you can on a car.

It does look great when new and clean though.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Skully : Black is a tough color to keep looking nice.  My front fender and leading edges of the lower fairings are pretty beat up after 12000 miles.  It's harder to buff minor scratches out of it like you can on a car.  

I fully intend to put many coats of wax on it within a couple days...that should keep it nice 'n shiny

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : Quote (Skully @ June 25 2003, 9:37am)Black is a tough color to keep looking nice.  My front fender and leading edges of the lower fairings are pretty beat up after 12000 miles.  It's harder to buff minor scratches out of it like you can on a car.  

I fully intend to put many coats of wax on it within a couple days...that should keep it nice 'n shiny
You are talking like you are going to get it now....not a good sign.

·
Registered
887 Posts
well, let me throw my $.02 in....I own a '00 R6 and granted it only makes ~90hp, you have to keep the RPMs high for it to be any fun...it is pretty gutless below 5K...now, I haven't ridden any of the new 600s, but they all are making around 105-109hp stock which is alot of hp for a 600c bike!!!....but I would imagine you would have to keep the revs high also for the bike to really squirt and move....you ARE going to notice the power difference coming from a liter bike no doubt about that, but some of those differences are good: lower insurance, longer tire life, cheaper of course and you won't lose too much at the track....example, while at VIR for the ROGUE trackday back in April...a guy had a bone stock 636 in the advance class and he was only 2-3 bikes lengths back on the modded RCs coming down the front straight....anyways, do what you feel in your heart and remember you only have to please yourself with your choice...no one else....just my $.02....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts