Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to note one oddity about Icon. I have always used their gear, helmets, jackets, and gloves. Last jacket I had from them was the Merc2, which was size L and perfectly fit me. It was more of an "attack fit" jacket making optimal for hard riding, but a little.... akward when trying to walk in it (looks goofy and feels akward trying to walk in an attack fit jacket).

My new jacket is a Hooligan2 mesh, but in a waaaay different size. It is more relaxed fitting, but still offers a very good feel and natural position when riding. However, for some reason this one is a small.... I didn't lose any weight, as a matter of fact I may even have consumed a few too many Oreos since then. What gives with the difference in sizes within the same brand!?!?!?

I know the "fit" of the jacket will make the sizes vary a little, but why would I drop 2 sizes just because of this? I tried on a Merc2 yesterday that I found on clearance, since I still love the looks. This one was a medium and was tight around the waist, too short in the sleeves, and tight around the neck line. Again though, my Hooligan 2 fits perfect all the way around. The sleeves are just below my radius and ulna endpoints, which I like, the neck line has a minute amount of room (just enough to breath but still protect from wind fluff-up), and the waist/chest is perfect if not a hair bit loose. Just thought this was odd.

Same deal with helmets I noticed, but most of the time the shell shape has a ton to do with that, which is more understandable (i.e. round v. oval) Any thoughts on the 2 size difference?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I find a lot of motorcycle gear sizing to be arbitrary and only an estimation anyway. You'd think within the brand there should be SOME kind similarities / standardisation though.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my thoughts on it... I was like "wtf Icon v. Icon and a 2 size difference on me??!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts